Job ID 287637
My client is a well-established organisation whose aim is to provide ‘exceptional education at the heart of the community’. Due to expansion, they are looking for an experienced 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for providing technical support to staff and students across a number of sites. This role requires some previous IT support experience, a passion for technology and fantastic customer facing skills. You must be a driver due to providing support for three sites.
Further training is provided and there is a proven career path available within this organisation along with excellent benefits including extensive funded training, rising holiday (up to 31 days per year plus bank holidays), a local government pension scheme and lots more!
1st / 2nd Line IT Support Technician – Duties:
* Ensure the smooth running of ICT systems to facilitate Teaching, Learning, Administration and Leadership.
* To provide desk side and classroom based technical support.
* To support pupils and staff in the appropriate use of ICT, through advice or training.
* Desktop and application support, including setting up and maintaining PCs and peripherals, supporting and managing Windows 10 and associated software and applications.
* Install and maintain hardware and software on the servers; set disk space and printer quotas; create network shares and manage access rights; monitor system logs.
* Manage anti-virus software updates/patches to ensure that the network is up to date and secure.
* Install new hardware, repair current hardware and reload software on desktops/laptops following release management procedures.
* Support the wider service desk team in the support and training of staff and students across multiple sites.
1st / 2nd Line IT Support Technician – Requirements:
* An IT technical background
* Audio Visual knowledge / experience of supporting audio visual / AV equipment
* Experience in the education sector is a bonus
* Very strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Microsoft MCP / MCDST qualification or similar, is preferred
In return, my client offers the chance to play a key role in a national, growing organisation within the education sector. My client is a registered charity and makes a difference to lives across the UK. They offer a supportive working environment, a proven career path and benefits including extensive funded training, rising holiday (up to 31 days per year plus bank holidays), a local government pension scheme and lots more!
Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today