Job ID 337474
About the role:
This is a great opportunity to join a MSP who is looking for a Cloud engineer to join their highly skilled and motivated technical team. The role involves supporting a variety of clients, providing exposure to a wide range of technologies, and being involved in shaping their technical direction. You will also get the opportunity to deliver projects focused on the Microsoft 365/Azure ecosystem, as well as some physical deployments where appropriate. You will need to be a team player and happy to muck in when needed and work on 2nd line tickets.
* 3rd line helpdesk support, dealing with ticket escalation, and onsite technical support.
* Management and support of existing Microsoft 365 & Azure environments.
* Administration and configuration of Windows Server 2012R2 and above.
* Network administration and configuration (DHCP, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP).
* Providing technical guidance adhering to best practice for both clients and internal staff.
* Project delivery.
Essential skills required:
* Broad knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365 and Azure, including the following services:
* Exchange Online
* Azure Active Directory
* Conditional Access Policies
Any of the following M365/Azure/Security certifications:
* AZ-900, AZ-104
* MS-900, MS-100, MS-101, MD-100, MD-101
A strong knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting Windows Server, Active Directory, and Group Policy would be ideal in addition to hands on experience with firewalls, switches, routers, and networking (DHCP, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP). The ability to manage project work as required, alongside day-to-day duties in also incredibly important and you'll also need Good PowerShell and scripting skills. Finally, given how quickly technology evolves, a strong willingness to learn and stay current with developing technologies within the Microsoft ecosystem is essential.
Nice to have (but not essential):
* Experience maintaining & troubleshooting Azure Virtual Desktop environments, including FSLogix configuration, Azure networking, and Azure VM maintenance.
* Teams Telephony Experience (Calling Plan, Direct Routing, or Operator Connect).
* Experience with configuring and delivering Microsoft security solutions.
* Customer training, either via video recording, webinar-style, or face-to-face.
* Associate or Expert level certifications, including any of the following:
* MS-500, MS-700, MS-720, MS-740
* AZ-140, AZ-500, AZ-800
* SC-200, SC-300, SC-400
* MSP experience.
All education levels will be considered. The right candidate will have great personality/attitude, attention to detail and the ability to work under varying levels of workload as the service desk can be unpredictable.
Our typical working week is Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, with the opportunity to work occasional overtime (we are not a call centre operating 24×7). Typically, the team work 9.5 days over two weeks, enjoying an early start to the weekend on alternate Fridays. Following completion of a satisfactory probation period and training, you may be offered the opportunity of working “hybrid” – balancing your working week between our Winnersh Office and your own home. The role requires client site visits in the surrounding areas, so you will need to hold a full UK driving licence & have a personal car/motorbike for business use (mileage can be claimed).
You can expect to receive a competitive salary, 28 days holiday including Bank holidays, an additional paid day off on your Birthday, days off over Christmas (on call rota) along with a pension scheme and an invitation to join our healthcare scheme. We are committed to ensuring that we have a great working environment and in addition to IT Training (on the job and external) to develop your professional skills, we have trained Mental Health First Aiders, as well as offering other events to support individuals at work e.g. wellbeing activities