Job ID 338563
3rd Line Service Desk Engineer
At Air IT we believe it’s in everyone's interests to work flexibly. That's why we have introduced a 4 day week (compressed hours) or 9 day fortnight in addition to a standard 5 day 37.5 hour week. All three options are available to joiners at Air IT.
We’re Air IT, an incredible MSP with the history and expertise to provide an amazing array of services and a bright future ahead of us.
We’ve grown a lot since our beginning back in 2005. We’re proud to have brought together nine leading companies as a family, with more on the horizon. Now, with an office presence across the UK, we are extremely honoured to have been recognised with a range of regional, national and industry awards for growth, innovation, dedication, and success throughout our journey.
Excited for our future, we’ve got a great mission and vision and a clearly defined strategy to empower our teams and make sure we can bring out the best in our people to provide unrivalled IT and Cyber Security support, solutions and services to local SMEs, nationwide. And this is where you come in.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer from an IT Managed Service Provider background, a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for technology and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
* Supplying a high standard of customer service in line with Air IT’s standards
* Owning, managing and resolving 3rd Line incidents, completing requests and change requests in line with our SLA’s
* Acting as a technical lead in a major incident or priority 1 situation
* Providing an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers
* Supporting new product release in testing, evaluation, onboarding and embedding into our business
* Delivering against our KPI’s
* Effective prioritisation and workload management
* Ensure adherence to our Change Management Process
* Identifying opportunities for improvement both technically and in processes
* Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards
Skills / Attributes Required:
* Clear and confident communicator at all levels and abilities
* A proven problem solver
* Able to deliver and troubleshoot complex technical solutions
* Strong documentation skills
* Adaptable & flexible
* Good time management and prioritisation skills
Detailed technical knowledge in
* Windows Server
* Active Directory
* Microsoft 365 and related technologies
* Exchange Online
* Azure Active Directory (Azure AD joined/hybrid)
* Conditional Access/MFA
* Mobile Device Management (Intune/Endpoint Manager)
* Azure Information Protection
* Azure DLP
* Microsoft Azure IaaS
* Networking (S2S/P2S VPN, VLAN, LACP)
* Firewalls (NAT/PAT/ACL’s
Good technical knowledge:
OSx Operating Systems
PC & Server hardware
Attractive remuneration packages
Flexible, hybrid working
25 days annual leave + bank holidays with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days
Private medical insurance or the option to buy into the scheme
Free flu jabs
Perks including quarterly and annual staff awards, funded social events, referral bonuses
Excellent learning and development opportunities
Free fruit and snacks in the offices
Barista style coffee machines
Green travel scheme
The hours of work are 37.5 per week, based on a rota, shifts falling between 07:30-18:30, Monday-Friday, with an on-call requirement on a rota basis. Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
Air IT are equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. We believe this is the only acceptable way to conduct business and the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge, please apply via the button shown. We look forward to hearing from you