Job ID 340194
Our client is a well-established computer software and services company, specialising in the development and supply of Street Works and Highways Asset Management systems to local government and utility services sectors. The Company has an unrivalled reputation for the delivery of quality products and services, and a history of approaching forty years of ethical business practices and consistent profitability.
The Role:The prime purpose of the Account Manager role is to maintain and develop the best possible relationship with their customers and ensure that they have the right their products configured in the optimum way. The role requires good understanding of specific industry legislation, standards, and principles applicable to both Local Authorities and Utilities working in the Highways sector.
Our client has built a reputation for integrity and honesty in the marketplace and your role is crucial in maintaining that reputation. A good Account Manager is a ‘trusted friend’ who will provide advice, guidance, and an honest appraisal.
The role requires regular meetings with customers at their offices, with the Account Manager expected to have a broad understanding of all the activity areas in which our products are used – from highway maintenance and street lighting, through to parks and flood defence.
There is a regular need for travel which will sometimes include an overnight stay and/or travel in the evenings. A clean driving licence is essential and the candidate must live within a 40-mile radius of their base office.
Customer Relationship Management
* Develop relationships with the customer from system user through to director level.
* You are the principal route of strategic communication between customer and company.
* You are the escalation point for the customer and all internal company departments.
* You take responsibility for arranging the best positive outcome for all parties.
* Where a positive outcome is not possible, it is the Account Managers responsibility to ensure that the customer is given clear, honest, and open guidance.
* Undertake contract negotiations when needed.
* Facilitate / deliver regular Account Meetings with formal Agendas, Minutes and Action plans
Customer Information Maintenance
* Maintain and update customer information held within the CRM system
* Develop and upkeep individual customer roadmaps, including action plans, targets, future plans, projects, business risks, and threats.
* Document and understand your customers specific configurations and quirks.
* Identify opportunities for customers to extend and develop their use of our products.
* Supplying detailed quotations to precisely match customers' requirements, not just providing a priced set of products that the customer can choose to purchase.
* Achieve 100% accuracy in requirements gathering and sales quotations.
* Ensure contract renewals are managed and delivered
* Manage the full lifecycle of sales, from quotations to delivery and invoicing
* Deliver presentations and interact with customers at Company conferences and seminars
* Provide aid with sales proposals, tender responses, demonstrations of our software.
* It is essential you develop a good general understanding of all areas of our software so that you are able to illustrate key features of function with an overview or demonstration.
* Advise on, and implement, new application areas, providing informal handholding or direction where highly specialist knowledge is not required.
* Work closely with our subject matter experts to supply specialist consultancy when required.
* Monitoring activities undertaken by the customer and internally throughout large projects.
* Manage smaller projects directly to make sure services are organised and delivered on time.
* Ability to analyse complex business processes and capture any special/unusual requirements
* Understanding of standard computing principles, such as web applications, REST interfaces
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent Time Management skills, Team working and People skills
* Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
* Proven experience in Key Account Management.
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines