Job ID 299292
Defence Analyst– Management Consultancy
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join their growing boutique management consultancy, with an enviable reputation and senior level client base.
Our client is a Strategy Consultancy. They specialise in helping their clients make the right decisions. They are experts in strategy, decision-making tools and methodologies, portfolio prioritisation and delivery, understanding data and engaging people. They use this expertise to create, implement and embed decision-making processes that deliver results.
Our client is looking for a positive and flexible analyst, with a consulting mindset, to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a small, agile and growing business.
As part of the Company’s team, you will work with their consultants, analysts, and clients at a senior level on a number of projects. You will work across different industries, initially focusing within Defence in the UK.
Job role responsibilities for a Defence Analyst /Consultant will include:
* Helping to design, develop and run analytical models.
* Collating, managing, structuring, analysing and visualising data.
* Working with MS Excel and VBA as a key analysis tool.
* Deriving unique insights from data to inform senior-level decision making.
* Using agile approaches to develop models and tools, including requirements capture, design, development, testing and management.
* Taking a leading role in the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with their clients and team of consultants and analysts.
* Taking a consultative approach to your work, understanding how your work contributes to delivering a great result for their clients.
* Producing internal and external presentations and reports to summarise processes, findings, recommendations and decision analysis results.
Initial clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the south of England.
Skills/Qualifications required for role of Defence Analyst/Consultant:
* A strong analytical background
* A passion for data analysis and data visualisation
* Advanced MS Excel skills
* Strong knowledge and experience of Excel VBA
* Knowledge of data visualisation tools, including Power BI
* Software development using Python
* Modelling skills
* Understanding of agile software development approaches and software architecture
* Management Consulting skills
* Experience working in Defence in the UK
* Ability to work at senior to junior levels within organisations
* Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work
* Awareness of decision-support approaches, investment appraisal and cost modelling
* Interest in Decision Analysis techniques
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* A positive and flexible approach to your work
* A relevant degree, such as a business, numerical or technical subject
Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be beneficial
Keywords – Analyst, Data Analyst, MS Excel, VBA, Defence, MOD, UK SC Clearance, DV Clearance, Analysis, Advanced Excel, Data Visualisation, BI, Agile, Decision Analysis Techniques, Numerical, Software Architecture, Analytical, Senior Analyst, Pythom, Modelling
Defence Analyst /Consultant – Management Consultancy
Location – Winchester, Hants and also Flexible working
Salary – £35K-£60K depending on level of experience . plus bonus, pension, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday