Job ID 190754
Application Developer – Health Data Analytics
A leading provider of health data analytics solutions is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Application Developer to join a small team. They have developed three-tier web applications in-house that have:
* HTML 5 web clients developed using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
* Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) servlets and Plain Old Java Objects (POJOs) in the JEE web container
* Relational databases for their persistence
Your solid background in Java development will hopefully include JEE (Servlet) development, using the Hibernate Object-Relational Management (ORM) APIs, and Structured Query Language (SQL). Your understanding of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern will enable you to make significant contributions to these complex applications.
* To get to know the existing code-base with a view to modification and bug fixing
* To incorporate new functionality into the product in consultation with other team members
* To provide second and third line support for product issues and queries
* Object-Oriented Design (OOD) skills
* Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Experience of innovation to create features
* Understanding of Model-View-Controller (MVC) design
* Strong communication skills
* Good numerate degree – in Computing, Maths, Engineering, Science or equivalent
* Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) servlet development
* Hibernate Object-Relational Management (ORM)
* Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectures
* Experience of the Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
* Familiarity with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server)
* Familiarity with Apache Tomcat or Red Hat JBoss EAP
The Application Developer role offers the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the software that consultants and customers use to make real differences to people's lives.
The company offer a highly competitive basic salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including Bupa private healthcare insurance and 25 days annual leave.
The Application Developer role will be home working for the foreseeable future, the plan is for a scheduled return to the Bracknell office in due course, however it can be predominantly home based if preferred.
Please apply for a prompt response