Job ID 283958
Application Lead / Tech Delivery Manager (.Net/Java) – Fully Remote
We have been retained by a global leader in manufacturing quality assurance to find a Technical Delivery Manager with hands-on application development expertise in Net/Java to be responsible for 3 key areas:
1) Technical Design Leadership and Governance – defining the technical architecture/standards and ensure they are adhered too.
2) Delivery Management – preparing application roadmaps, effort/investment estimates and managing the technical delivery of new features, CRs and bug fixes.
3) Service Management (including Support) – ensuring all incidents raised by end users are resolved in a timely manner, planning monthly maintenance releases, and ensuring the applications always adheres to all internal policies and controls
In addition, the Technical Delivery Manager will need to actively engage with key Business Stakeholders for the purpose of influencing and advising, along with understanding their priorities and concerns.
* Minimum 10+ years' experience as either a Technical Architect or Technical Delivery Lead for Global Applications. This experience must encompass a variety of technologies such as custom development, package software, databases, SaaS/PaaS, and span multiple functional domains such as Web Portals, Operational Systems, Reporting Solutions, Back Office Functions etc
* Hands on experience with development in .NET and/or Java is essential. Previous experience as a development manager and using DevOps Tooling is desirable.
* Experience with defining Technical Standards, Security Standards, Design Principles and preparing Application Technical Design Documents/Architectural Solutions Blueprints
* Experience with preparing end to end delivery estimates (full SDLC) for new projects (complex/large scale changes) and CRs (minor enhancements)
* Experience of working with different SDLC Processes – Agile, Waterfall and Kanban
* Experience with preparing Application Roadmaps (covering both upgrade plans and technical debt management) and associated Investment Estimates.
* Experience with managing a cross functional team, including leading Offshore Development Teams (primarily India)
* Should be willing to work flexible hours (to support interaction with stakeholders in different time zones), and be open to travel to Asia, Europe and the USA
* A University bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is desired.
This role is FULLY REMOTE