Job ID 253522
Our client is the leading provider of accelerated training and have been delivering residential training since 2001. This is a hybrid role based out of Holborn.
You support Internal Applications, Microsoft Applications, and the JIRA Service Desk as an Application Support Engineer.
You will be responsible for connecting applications, working with external consultants, taking briefs from internal requests and either deploying themselves or working with consultants to complete integration projects.
This will include providing Tiers 1 and 2 application support, investigating and resolving issues, and working with external consultants to deploy and support internal business applications.
Responsible for the following:
• Providing support for Microsoft applications, including SharePoint, Exchange, and Office 365
• Administering and configuring the JIRA Service Desk
• Developing customisations and integrations for Microsoft applications
• Working with external consultants to resolve support issues
• Taking briefs from internal stakeholders and deploying solutions
• Documentation of process of current systems
• Providing training and support to end users
• Completing service request tickets raised by end-users
• Troubleshooting issues and resolving incidents as they arise
• By default, seek to provide the right solution over the fast or easy solution
• Planning and supporting system maintenance, software releases and upgrades, and other business-wide IT service management processes
• Maintaining and updating technical documents, procedures, and runbooks
• Producing ad-hoc reports
• Actively working to identify and implement continuous improvements across all services and processes
Experience and skills
• Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
• Champion repetitive tasks' automation and identify potential automation/process improvement areas.
• Good problem-solving skills to provide root cause analysis of problems and workarounds.
• Proactively assign, manage, and prioritise relevant support tickets on the ticketing queue using the JIRA Service Desk.
• Configuration management in multiple environments
• Support application deployment during hardware upgrades for production services
• Ability to take ownership and become subject matter experts in various parts of the system.
• Strong attention to detail
• Proactively document any knowledge on confluence gained in the role to allow smooth onboarding of 1st line and other support team members.
• Deliver on agreed incident SLAs and ensure support issues are fully understood, managed and resolved.
• Work closely with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers to improve system performance, reliability and usability.
• Help manage 3rd party suppliers, supplier reviews and continuous improvement programmes.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion