Job ID 207827
Application Support – JP 9676
6 – 12 months initial contract
Hybrid – 3 days on-site and 2 days WFH. Some weekend work and out of hours work (1 weekend per month and occasional bank holiday's)
Job Description: Application Support team member in a dynamic team providing Business and Technology support for to the Business Finance (GBAM) LOB. Will be part of the Banking & Finance Production Services (BFPS) organisation providing services to Finance Technology and Finance business partners. You will work within a team of people in a global team comprising of both developers and analysts, supporting global business functions in a follow the sun support model. The candidate would work very closely with team members globally to maintain an excellent level of technology support for our user base. The role exists in a fast-paced environment and candidates would be expected to come up to speed quickly about APS Support procedures, technical, application & business knowledge. This exciting role is well suited to individuals with a keen interest in Investment banking and it offers opportunities to learn about all areas of the Treasury business. Individuals will get exposure to the Middle & Back-office processes and the complete trade life cycle while supporting our business partners. The Support team also works extremely closely with our Development, BA, and QA team partners for multiple applications. These strong relationships help to maintain a very high level of end user support.
Required Job Skills:
* 5+ years of experience providing Application support in the financial industry.
* Be familiar with the ITIL framework – Request management, Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate efficiently and timely well to other verticals, business and technology partners.
* Hands on experience supporting Linux and Windows hosted applications.
* Hands on experience with Database (Oracle & SQL Server) and writing SQL.
* Self-starter and independent worker, ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Day to day task requires the ability to solve production down situations under tight SLA deadlines, identify incident root cause and corrective actions.
* Familiar with batch support and experience in using job scheduling tools like Autosys.
Desired Job Skills: Nice to have:
* Experience with BCP and Disaster Recovery.
* Working knowledge of trading products
* Experience with scripting – Shell/Perl/Python.
* Experience in monitoring tools like ITRS Geneos.
* Familiar with Messaging and Middleware.
* Capability to work with cross functional teams, complex organisations, and dynamic environments.
* Ability to lead meetings and triage calls.
* Keep schedules, make tight deadlines, work timely and independently.
* Automation and Process Improvement – identify and implement solutions and simplify support tasks.
* Capability to manage support documentation, run book reviews and updates.
* Able to work shifts on a rotation basis early, late, weekend
* Work with Senior management and stakeholders to identify problems, suggest solutions and implement improvements.
* Strong project and time management skills