Job ID 338352
IT Helpdesk Support Analyst Apprentice
Location: Coventry (Middlemarch Business Park)
Apprentice entry-level role, Basic Salary in line with National Minimum Wage
£13,318.50-£18,525 per annum (dependent on age) & company benefits
Hours: 37.5 (Monday to Friday only)
Sector: Packaging distribution
We, the UK’s largest packaging distributor have an exciting apprenticeship level opportunity within our IT team based at our Coventry Head Office. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace.’ Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. Our central IT department prides itself on providing first class support to the wider group business. This is a fabulous opportunity for someone seeking to start or further their career in IT whereby structure training and mentoring will be provided.
The IT Helpdesk Support Analyst Apprentice Role
Macfarlane Group are now recruiting an Apprentice IT Helpdesk Support Analyst to be based at our Head Office in Coventry. This is a busy helpdesk-based role and involves providing technical and business support to users across 18 UK sites. Working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment, within an organization that is making significant investments in IT systems and infrastructure – this role provides a fantastic opportunity for the right person to develop their career in a market-leading business. Duties will include:
* Providing 1st/2nd line technical support in line with the business-driven SLAs
* Maintaining and reviewing the call-log database – managing call-log status and escalating priority calls as required
* Utilizing agency and third-party resources and Executing administration tasks
* Data and asset management (mobile phones, iPads, laptops) and support of company ERP system
The initial contract of employment will be apprenticeship based (advanced, Infrastructure Technician Level 3 award upon completion, with an 18-month duration and working ours are set at 37.5 per week spread across Monday to Friday.
Do you have the correct profile?
In terms of technical understanding, the right candidate will ideally have most if not all the below (in terms of knowledge – even if this hasn’t been utilized to date in the workplace).
* Active Directory – reset passwords, unlock accounts
* Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
* Knowledge of WANS, LANS and WI-FI (advantageous)
* IP telephone systems (advantageous)
* Strong communicator
* Good interpersonal skills
Some training can be provided early on to bridge any gaps. You will be driven by customer service and will have excellent critical thinking skills with a can-do attitude. You will have a confident telephone manner, being accustomed to communicating with people across all levels. In addition, we would certainly expect the successful applicant to demonstrate the following…
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
* Eagerness to learn/develop
* Team Player
* Genuine interest in IT/Computing
* Positive attitude towards work
* Self-motivated, well presented, logical thinking and good time keeping
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: –
* 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
* Additional holiday purchasing scheme
* Contributory pension scheme
* Free parking at many of our site locations
* Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
* Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues, financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only) and Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
* Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
* Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands) and O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
* Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
* Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
* Long service awards (5-40 years)
* Charitable giving options
* Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting the successful candidate to commence with us ASAP. Please note that Macfarlane Group supports ‘hybrid working’ where possible and we often conduct our first stage interviews via video. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE