Job ID 225179
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000
Hybrid/ Remote working available – after an initial settling in period
Our client is an exciting internet service provider, specialising in supplying Ultrafast Broadband, Voice-over-IP (VOIP) and security solutions, predominantly in rural areas across Scotland and Northern England. They are an ambitious altnet looking for a talented Back-End Developer to support their intention to disrupt the market and challenge traditional methodologies and technologies, all in the interest of providing their customers with the best possible service.
You would be joining a team who are dynamic, take ownership of their work and strive for personal accountability and job satisfaction. Working in a fast moving and agile environment, every member of the team is essential to the company’s success, giving our client the opportunity to continually develop their teams and make a difference.
Who are we looking for?
Our client is looking for a talented Back-End Developer to enhance, manage and maintain their systems and applications. This critical role will support their vision to continue to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of their fibre expansion plans.
Responsibilities of the Back-End Developer:
● Building Apollo, the innovative in-house fibre planning tool used by the fibre planners and engineers to design and deliver our network
● Designing and documenting a new workforce management system, and enhancing existing systems to maximise business efficiencies.
● Ensuring the systems and applications are developed in line with business requirements and outcomes.
● Regularly update senior leadership on projects, owning and escalating issues which arise through to resolution.
● Creation of efficient and accurate detailed technical documentation.
● Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to system/application design, accurately reflecting these in final as-built documentation
● Continuous support and maintenance of systems
Requirements for the role:
● Hands on knowledge of PostgreSQL or other SQL databases
● Experience with Git, and/or GitLab
● Experience with Dask would be nice to have
● Other distributed computer systems like Dask, eg Spark
● The ability to build and interact with Restful APIs
● Working knowledge of public cloud services
● Working knowledge of Agile tooling, like JIRA and Confluence, would be advantageous
● Experience of GIS would be a bonus
● A strong desire to maintain a reliable IT infrastructure using documentation, careful planning and automation
● Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
● Attention to detail and accuracy along with a positive and problem solving attitude
● Remote and flexible working will be available once settled in to the position
● 28 days holiday annually (including bank holidays)
● Company pension scheme.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the business as Back-End Developer as our client embarks on their rapid expansion plans, looks to extend their reach and push the boundaries of what is possible within this sector!
If you are interested in the advertised position for Back-End Developer
please ‘Register your interest’ through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Please do not apply unless you are already eligible to work in the UK. We do not respond to applicants who do not meet this criteria.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the UK across a variety of disciplines including Tech, IT, Software Development, Design and Marketing