Job ID 340794
Working for a globally recognised brand you will be responsible for the back-end development of the Company’s websites.
As an internal resource, you will be expected to quickly develop a full understanding of current tech stack and be able to deliver, advise and innovate on future aspirations for the platform.
This role will be office based however remote working may be offered for the right candidate.
General duties to include:
* Thorough interaction with the Digital partner, you will technically design, develop and maintain the eCommerce platform using modern PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
* Work closely with the Product Owner and front-end developers to ensure seamless integration of the back-end with the eCommerce platform
* Implement Bloomreach CMS and eCommerce platform integrations to provide a seamless shopping experience to customers
* Develop and maintain APIs and microservices to provide a scalable and flexible platform
* Optimise platform performance and page load times
* Test and debug code to ensure high-quality and error-free platform functionality
* Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of coding standards and best practices
* Provide progress reports
* Estimate work, giving timescales and highlight any identified risks
* Support the development and completion of test plans
Key Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field desirable
* At least 3 years of experience in back-end web development using PHP
* Strong proficiency in modern PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
* Experience with headless eCommerce platforms and APIs
* Strong knowledge of databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Experience with microservices architecture and containerization using Docker
* Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Highly organised, self-driven, proactive thinker with a passion for digital and ability to adapt.
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained