Job ID 339182
BSS Engineer required for a growing provider of ultrafast fibre across the UK. This is a newly created role and with remote working available and an opportunity to make the role your own.
* Excellent written design documents which help people deliver what’s on them and then maintain it.
* Great at drawing pictures- whether Whiteboard or Visio to explain ideas.
* Brilliant team working and leadership to deliver and support others to deliver what’s needed as a whole solution and provide coaching where necessary.
* Able to think beyond common practice to innovative solutions within given commercial framework.
* Ability to work independently, make decisions quickly and prioritise tasks.
* Able to engage successfully with different level stakeholders and take effective decisions.
* Assertive, resilient, focused and results driven and not averse to asking questions while managing priorities as required.
* Presenting to other technical and semi-technical audiences to ensure ideas and context are understood.
* Translating business requirements into IT functional designs that can be implemented in off the shelf applications by the technical delivery teams.
* Understand the commercial needs of a growing business and design accordingly.
* Deep and wide knowledge of Linux & Windows systems ideally for a Service provider.
* Hands-on ability in designing, implementing and monitoring the IT infrastructure is a key requirement.
* IT systems planning for future growth and scalability for both Hardware and Software solutions.
* Experienced in project management and implementation of technical systems.
* Align technical solutions with business goals taking advantage of disruptive technologies.
In your first 6 months, you’ll:
* Act as the software technical lead with responsibility for the detailed design, coordination of supplier resources and where appropriate, targeted development work for OSS/BSS, ERP, Business analytics and Build management applications.
* Ensure that the company meets its Data protection obligations particularly with respect to GDPR and Information security management.
* Conducting system architecture evaluation and collaborating with project management and IT development team to improve the architecture.
* Experience with the implementation of OSS/BSS systems such as IQGeo/APX-GIS, Netadmin.
* Experience with end-to-end integrations across the ordering, provisioning, invoicing, and customer care systems.
* Integration of North Bound API’s (OpenAPI, REST API).
* Experience with ‘One touch Switching’ on a Common Wholesale Platform which allows customers to easily switch from one broadband provider to another