Job ID 283166
To support the programme of work our client requires a Senior Business Analyst with a good understanding of the commodity trading world and strong core analysis skills to actively participate in delivery. In addition, as a Senior BA within the team, we seek someone who can lead in the development of business analysis best practice and mentor other Business Analysts within the IT department.
* Build and manage relationships with stakeholders such as the Business Change Advisors, Solution Owners, Backlog Owners, Enterprise Architects, scrum teams, User Experience leads and other stakeholders.
* Identify and document requirements through a mixture of interviews, research and workshops.
* Write epics, stories and acceptance criteria using JIRA.
* Manage stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues to project leaders as necessary.
* Participate in and facilitate Agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews.
* Facilitate user acceptance and integration testing of features before promotion to various environments.
* Facilitate training sessions to internal stakeholders on new feature functionality.
* Understand organizational motivations including problems, goals, and objectives.
* Demonstrate that business needs are satisfied within a given technical solution.
* Contribution to the development of business analysis best practices within company IT plus support and mentoring of other Business Analysts
Key Competencies and Skills
* Proven track record of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications, gained on projects of considerable scale and/or complexity.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, business users etc., presenting information in a concise and effective manner to users, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
* Skilled practitioner in business analysis techniques and tools.
* A strong knowledge of Agile (SCRUM) methodology.
* Strong knowledge of JIRA or similar issue management systems.
* Broad technical understanding across various methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
* Excellent organisation/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and excellent delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Significant experience in working within a commodities or financial trading environment across the full trade lifecycle i.e. Trade Capture, Risk Management, Operations and Back Office activities.
* Significant experience in producing business process models, defining business requirements and producing Functional Specifications.
* Experience in working on multi-national/multi-site projects.
* Experience in working on both bespoke and package implementation projects.
* Degree-educated or equivalent.
* ISEB or IIBA certification is an advantage but not a prerequisite