Job ID 330871
Are you an experienced Business Development / Sales Manager who's eager to build their own sales function in the technology sector. Whether you're selling into the tech industry or not, as long as you have a genuine interest in it, we want to speak to you about becoming our next Business Development Manager.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £35,000
· Uncapped commission earning, 15% – 20% of each deal value (average deal value £5,000)
· Realistic OTE £35,000 – £50,000
· Hybrid working once you've settled into the role, working in the office 3 days per week
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
Our office is based in Milton Keynes, so you could be based in and commute from the following locations: Northampton, Bedford, Wolverton, Bletchley, Towcester, Silverstone, Buckingham, Olney, Woburn, Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Dunstable, Ampthill, Aylesbury, Woburn, Biggleswade, Newport Pagnell, Bicester, Oxford, Stevenage, Brackley, Banbury, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager – Cyber Security Services: Technology
We're looking for a tech minded Business Development Manager who has the ability to build a sales function within our cyber security business. Established in 2020, we've successfully capitalised on inbound leads to get to where we are today, but with the launch of our Ransomware simulation service this year, we need a dedicated individual to oversee our sales function.
You'll use your sales skills to speak to potential customers and partners to book demos for our team to attend and act as the point of contact to see the sale through. You'll be rewarded for your hard work with a lucrative commission scheme, achieving 15% – 20% of each deal and the opportunity to earn shares within the company over time with our business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager – Cyber Security Services: Technology
As our Business Development Manager, you'll be responsible for:
· Taking ownership of the inbound leads generated through our website
· Raising awareness of our company by developing our network, both online and via outbound calling
· Managing our existing channel partners and resellers
· Looking for new partners and resellers
· Pushing our new Ransomware simulation service in line with our new website launch
· Attending events and exhibitions throughout the year to build relationships with prospective clients and partners. This will require you to drive, so a full UK driving license is essential
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager – Cyber Security Services: Technology
To become our next Business Development Manager, you don't need to know all about cyber security or penetration testing … we'll teach you that, but you must have prior sales experience. You'll have a proven track record in developing a sales pipeline, both developing existing business and proactively approaching new prospects. Ideally, this would be in a SaaS or tech service / product, however, your tech knowledge could come from elsewhere.
· Have a genuine tech interest. Whether you work in the technology sector or it's a general hobby, you'll understand the lingo
· Be pro-active and be able to manage your own time. You'll be instrumental in the development of the sales process
· Be able to demonstrate sales processes and strategy and also CRM development
· Possess strong interpersonal to liaise with our various types of decision makers and partners
· Be tenacious and self-driven as our sales can be a lengthy process
Based in Milton Keynes, we're a growing company, just entering our 3rd trading year and have seen an increase in turnover year on year. 2023 sees an investment in both staff and a new Ransomware simulation service which we're expecting to help us achieve our growth prospects, but we need the right people to have make these goals successful.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Account Manager, Account Executive, Cyber Security, Penetration Testing, Ransomware, IT Technology, Software, Data Services, IT Hardware, IT Equipment, Business Services, Telecommunications, IT Consulting
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JC17201, Wallace Hind Selection