Job ID 242535
Job title: C++ Developer
Location: Central Birmingham (or fully remote – UK wide)
Remote: Full or Hybrid (it’s completely up to you)
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 + comprehensive benefits
Keywords: C++, C++17, Backend, Linux, Redhat, Debian, CentOS, MongoDB, Redis, AWS. Azure, Software Design, Remote.
C++ Developer with C++ (C++17, C++14, C++11), IDE (Eclipse etc.), and scalable, high performance and robust software expertise is sought by an online gaming and entertainment technology solutions provider with over 350+ members worldwide across multiple (8) international office locations.
Established in 2012, they are a gaming and entertainment technology solutions provider who have brought together the industry’s best talent to create world-class games, back-office and content management systems, hosting solutions, infrastructure, a proprietary deep learning engine, as well as a revolutionary suite of player retention products
First and foremost, culture fit is of the utmost importance for roles at this studio. The team have established an excellent culture of trust, collaboration, fun and an enjoyable team spirit where each member play an important role in each title’s success. As such, they’ve established a culture of trust where members have high levels of initiative, have a strong work ethic and are, relatively speaking, self-managing.
You will work within their back-end development team working directly with web and server programmers building scalable, high performance and robust software solutions to support multiple client platforms in a high-availability environment.
You’ll get oversight of the full development lifecycle, play an active role in software design decisions (both client and server side) and you’ll also interface with various data services both internal and external to our platforms.
Requirements for position:
* Excellent commercial C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17) coding experience.
* Experience with IDE’s such as Eclipse.
* Experience with web based RESTful technologies and integrating systems and services.
* Ability to build scalable, high performance, robust software to support multiple client platforms and high-availability environments.
* Proven ability to collaborate on software design, problem solving and day-to-day development across client and server teams.
Bonus points for…
* Advanced skills interfacing with MySQL and NoSQL (redis, memcache, MongoDB etc)
* Commercial expertise coding C++ on Linux platforms (Debian, Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu etc)
* Worked on or familiar with cloud and virtualization technology (Azure / AWS)
First, a short call with me 🙂 – my job is to ensure we find the right type of people to collaborate and compliment the current set up. Again, culture fit here is key!
Next, a 2 stage process with the team where they will go through your CV, skills, experience, and expertise. This will also be a two-way process where they will tell you all about the team, projects, and culture.
Final stage, a two-way tech chat with the Head of Development and CTO.
Then… either an offer or a run through as to why they didn’t move forwards to offer – I’ll get detailed feedback if unsuccessful which hopefully you’ll find useful moving forwards to help you get closer to securing that dream role 🙂