Job ID 271140
SII UK is part of the SII Group which has been operating for more than 40 years and is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. The Group proudly employs over 14,000 professionals worldwide, and is one of the top IT & Engineering services providers in France, Germany, Romania and Poland. We provide a range of services to our clients in the IT and Engineering fields. We run various projects for leading worldwide companies in multiple industries.
We believe people are our most important asset and this is the core of our #FUNgineer concept. In 2016 SII opened our doors to Engineers across the UK providing superior technical services to the top players in the Aerospace & Defence, Aviation, Transportation and Telecoms sectors.
SII’s mission is to accompany its customers through digital transformation, we believe we can achieve this thanks to our Engineering professionals.
Join us and enjoy what makes being a FUNgineer.
We are looking for a Cloud Architect to join our team to lead the migration, management and maintenance of our organisation's cloud architecture. You will foster cultural change for "cloud first" adoption, develop our cloud architecture and processes, and contribute to our cloud strategy. You will work with various IT teams to ensure our cloud capabilities meet the needs of our organisation. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, particularly Microsoft Azure which is our primary architecture solution. You should have experience in designing and implementing both new and existing services to the cloud.
Establish best practices for cloud solutions across the organisation
• Offer guidance in cloud strategy
• Design, implement, maintain and develop our cloud architecture
• Identify and manage risks associated with cloud adoption
• Drive cultural change for cloud adoption and coordinate the adoption process
• Work closely with Information Security, and other departments, to ensure the security and privacy of our organisation's data and relevant accreditations are achieved
• Develop processes and guide implementation teams to transfer services to the cloud Qualifications and Skills
• Proven work experience as a Cloud Architect or similar role
• Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
• Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners
• Relevant training and/or certifications as a Cloud Architect such as Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
• Proficiency in scripting and automation
• Knowledge in managing identity architecture in a hybrid Active Directory in a multi-domain environment
• Familiarity with ITSM processes such as change control and service request
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work and act in multidisciplinary teams
High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
Competitive Basic Salary
6% Employers Contribution + 6% as a salary sacrifice
Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover & Income Protection
25 days holiday
5 days full sick pay per year
Cycle to Work & TechScheme
Continuous professional development – We’re all a work in progress
* Corporate access to the Udemy platform