Job ID 331474
Fast growing online retailer looking to appoint a CTO in their Middle-East head office.
The Role –
* Develop the overall technical strategy for the company.
* Maximise the returns and benefits of investments in technology and tools.
* Communicate the company’s technology strategy to management, investors, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
* Identify market obstacles and technical hurdles and manage risks appropriately.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practice and apply as appropriate.
* Provide technical thought leadership and insight that inspires and motivates the team.
* Train, mentor, and coach the development team (hire as needed).
* Foster a collaborative, positive and “can do” culture within the technical team.
* Lead decisions on application architecture and infrastructure design that is realistic, affordable, achievable, and able to support scalability, robustness, and successful “bullet-proof” product delivery.
* Make decisions on technology selection including whether to “buy or build” as appropriate.
* Establish the technology architecture requirements to support the growing and changing needs of the business.
* Develop solutions able to be rolled out in rapid phases, where each phase builds on the success of the previous phase in an adaptable and logical manner, focussed on driving revenues, profits and growth.
The ideal candidate will be coming from a strong ecommerce retailing background