Job ID 332051
Established in 1982, Bytes has grown rapidly and now employs over 450 people across 5 locations in the UK and Ireland. Our turnover in Financial Year 2019 was in excess of £520M. We work with SME’s, corporates and public sector organisations to modernise and digitally transform their IT infrastructures.
We invest in our employees through on-going support, training and advice to help them achieve their career aspirations, rewarding success both financially and personally. There is opportunity to grow and move internally which can be seen through our long-standing employees who have developed existing and new skills to move into senior positions in the organisation leaving space for new team members to begin their journey.
Operating from modern, hybrid working environments with offices in Leatherhead, Reading or Manchester
Over 550 staff (plans to double in size over the next 5 years)
Winners of an array of industry awards
Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
Excellent training and career prospects offered
Fantastic office with gym, canteen, open plan, smart casual dress code, regular incentives and company events
Supporters of 85+ charities with strong commitment to diversity and sustainability
We grow great people to deliver amazing things – with an emphasis on Personal Growth, Opportunity and Impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Bytes is expanding its Cyber Consulting team after a period of considerable growth. This has opened up the opportunity for a pre-sales specialist to compliment the team and work with multiple stakeholders across the business. This pre-sales specialist will be integral to our continued growth and success.
This person should be able to work with customers to scope opportunities in the areas of Audit & Advisory (PCI DSS, ISO 27001, Data Privacy), Strategy (vCISO, Security Healthchecks and Benchmarks), Assurance Testing (vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, red team testing) and Digital Forensics, Threat Intelligence and Incident Management (CSIR Maturity assessments, blue team, table tops, proactive compromise assessments and the Bytes Security Swarm IR services). This will be by engaging with customers on Bytes services, to help customers meet their objectives.
The successful candidate needs to be comfortable in speaking and presenting to all levels within a customer. They should also be comfortable in articulating complex ideas in a simple and straightforward manner. Then writing the statement of work and following up with the Account Manager and customer to ensure that the work is closed for the delivery teams.
* Lead customers in conversations focussed on Cyber Consulting services: Audit & Advisory, Strategy, Assurance Testing and Digital Forensics, Threat Intelligence & Incident Management
* Work closely with the key stakeholders and specialists within Bytes to build out the statements of work for the delivery teams to deliver
* Align to Bytes core values of becoming proposition focused, rather than product focused
* To provide thought leadership and relevant industry information to the customer base to drive engagement and future sales
* Support Sales Account Managers and Specialists on opportunities throughout the sales cycle from qualification to deal closure through presentations, high level design, written proposals and attendance to customers’ engagements (meetings, videocalls) to ensure a positive outcome
* Engage with internal peers in other teams to coordinate efforts towards opportunities
* Work with internal teams, vendors, and the wider Bytes teams to stay ahead of changes in service offerings and the latest industry trends
* Deliver high quality engagements to customers and delivering real value to them
* Deliver 7-10 customer facing interactions per week (depending on F2F, Web Meet or Sales Enablement)
* Participate and be a creative lead/presenter in Bytes Cyber Brand extension activities.
* Create up to 5 SoW's per day for various disciplines (more or less depending on depth of work)
* Deliver 4-5 hrs of professional development per week to ensure candidate maintains and extends market and requisite technical knowledge
ABOUT YOU :
* Essential Qualifications & Experience:
* BSc degree or 5 years relevant experience
* 5 years information security consulting experience preferably in a pre-sale’s capacity
* Ability to pass BPSS or HMG SC vetting requirements
* Digital leadership skills – capable of empowering and leading pre-sales engagements
* Solid people management skills – setting expectations and working well with peers and key stakeholders
* Agility – ability to adapt to a fast-moving security landscape and keep pace with latest thinking
* Strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
* Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that are outstanding to key stakeholders including customers
* Can make decisions that are well informed and timely
* Good time management, can handle conflicting priorities, and deliver excellent levels of quality
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
* Any relevant Cyber Security qualifications
Core Competencies & Skills
* Information Security skills and experience
* Business acumen
* Friendly and approachable
* Calm and considered
* Strong code of ethics and morals
25 days holiday per year plus Christmas, New Year & Bank Holidays
Free healthy snacks and fairtrade coffee
New fully refurbished office
Subsidised office massages
Hybrid working model (dependent on role)
Hot-desk working model
Paid volunteering days
Friday free drinks at onsite bar