Job ID 340113
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for Cyber Security Operations Manager to work for a Police Force in Hindlip, Worcester. Please see below for more information. Please contact Lewis Ashcroft on (phone number removed) to for more information.
Role: Cyber Security Operations Manager
Pay: £49,602 – £52,800 Plus a 15% Market Supplement until April 2024
The Security Operations Manager will plan, direct, control and monitor the ICT security services and underlying technologies. Ensure the monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect People, Technology, Data and Process addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation in line with local and nationally set policing security standards. Direct the Cyber defence capability to identify potential threats delivering strategic reports and strategies to minimise the impact of the threat.
1. To provide expert technical security operational advice and associated assurance to all ICT-based projects and other technical ICT activities regarding security controls and monitoring.
2. To be the professional lead on operational technical security on behalf of Digital Services.
3. To revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, review policies and procedures to address the emerging and changing threats.
4. To represent Digital Services internally and externally, on matters of ICT operational security, including linking with NPIRMT and other national bodies.
5. To ensure daily management, administration and maintenance of security devices and procedures to achieve operational effectiveness.
6. To ensure threat management, threat modelling, identifying threat vectors and developing use cases for security monitoring.
· To be educated to diploma level in an ICT related discipline.
· Professional qualifications in technical security, one or more recognised
Security Qualifications such as ISC2's Certified Information Systems Security Professional and/or HMG's CESG Certified Professional (CCP), or equivalent academic or professional security qualification;
· Extensive knowledge of current Information Technology Standards and Techniques.
·Extensive knowledge of the HMG Security Policy Framework and associated CESG (now NCSC) IA Policy Portfolio
·Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Technical Security issues and trends that impact upon information security.
· An excellent understanding of information security concepts and practices concerned with maintaining the confidentiality and integrity and availability of information.
· Knowledge of Application Portfolio Management (APM) for managing enterprise IT software applications and software-based services.
· Significant experience being the organisational lead on technical security and providing associated expertise to projects, activities, colleagues, and senior management
· Significant experience implementing and applying national policing technical security standards and controls.
· Experienced in applying architectural tools and methods using industry best practice.
· Demonstrable experience coordinating penetration and other security testing
· Experience of disaster recovery and continuity exercises
· Experience developing and maintaining security architectures and procedures
· Experience being the lead for significant ICT security incidents
· Experience managing sensitive enquiries confidentially
· Experience liaising with external authorities on ICT security
· Experience working with intrusion detection and/or prevention software
· Experience with security provision for on premise and Cloud-based solutions