Job ID 340501
Hybrid role: 1-2 days a week in Coventry offices
To apply best in class data engineering practices across both our Data Science, Commercial Analytics and Pricing pillars, to supply the users of data with an automated and optimised solution to their data needs.
* Build the data infrastructure to support the gathering and publishing of data from complex and varied data sources, both internally and externally, to deliver new business insights and promote innovation
* Maintain the data infrastructure, predominantly in SQL, Alteryx and Power BI workflows and ensure the optimal performance to support heavy database processing.
* Provide data integrity, governance, and data documentation to ensure the accuracy of reporting and alignment across departments
* Proactively identify, design, and implement process improvements, such as automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, and re-designing the data infrastructure for greater scalability
* Support the Pricing team on the maintenance and development of pricing tools, including the upkeep of elasticity and rules-based engines
* Ensure the delivery of data science projects to enhance the analytical capability of the Wholesale business
* Work collaboratively with the Data Science manager, Commercial Analysts and Pricing, to make sure data is being used effectively as they deploy advanced analytics such as statistical analysis
* Partner with different functions across Commercial to understand their data requirements and support cross functional projects and long-term strategic growth initiatives
* Communicate and present highly technical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner to Commercial team members and users of the data sources
* Maintain strong technical and industry knowledge of engineering best practices, data, and analytics technology, and proactively apply these techniques to the data infrastructure
* Be the subject matter expert in data and champion the benefits to embed data driven decisions in the Wholesale business, by coaching individuals on best practice in data
* Maintain Power BI workspaces
* Create Power Automate Pipelines to help drive automation across WA.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
* Strong modelling experience in Microsoft Power BI, or another data visualisation tool
* Strong SQL Skills
* Previous Experience in a BI, Engineering or Analytics Role.
* Great English verbal and written communication skills
* A high technical ability and strong attention to detail
* Structured approach to documentation and interpreting business requirements
* Strong understanding of tools, design methodologies and best practice
* Great time-management skills
* Experience with Power Automate, Alteryx, Azure Data Factory, R, Python, are all desirable
* An understanding of the Pharmaceutical Industry
* Experience within a Wholesale business