Job ID 336912
Do you want to work at the forefront of technology? Are you a Data Architect interested in supporting solutions and growth within the UK and Government Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are looking to hire an experienced Data Architect to join our Defence business, to work closely with one of our key clients. There is significant opportunity for growth within this role due to the complexity and breadth of the task; encompassing solution and integration architecture alongside the data architecture design.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and resolving complex data collection, data integration, data storage and data access challenges to place key insights in the hands of decision makers at all levels of the organisation.
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance at DV level.
You will be responsible for:
Understanding where the need for tight data controls arises to ensure seamless data flows around the organisation and to minimise future change.
* Modelling data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work.
* Defining how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets.
* Understanding how to add value to data – for example through data cleansing or analytics.
* Understanding categories of products (and individual examples) that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata.
* Defining metadata to provide searchability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data
You will have:
Experience of working with engineering data on large data platforms across multiple applications.
Experience of using and extending Open Architecture Patterns (desirable)
Strong team leadership skills
Ability to engage with a range of senior stakeholders, distilling the findings and requirements into actionable tasksThe package:
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn