Job ID 332650
Become a change maker and join Node4.
Node4 have a committed, talented, and diverse workforce that is growing all the time, but as we expand through our own growth and acquisitions, we never lose sight of the most important part of our business – our people. We want you to grow, learn, and evolve alongside us.
So, whether you're just starting out in your career or looking to progress as an industry professional, Node4 has a place for you.
About the role
Our fast growing Data Centre Team is looking for a Data Centre Engineer to support Node4's three UK-based data centres being based at Northampton. You will play an important role in the day-to-day operations of the company by assisting customers, internal departments, monitoring our infrastructure, and completing new order set ups. You will primarily be working with servers and hardware infrastructure to ensure reliable backups, as well as maintenance, security, and cable running. You will take care of everything on the ground that keeps customers' platforms operational.
No two days are the same, the role is extremely varied, and you will be exposed to various technologies throughout the company, opening a variety of career paths.
What will you bring?
* Experience working within a Data Centre environment
* Experience, exposure, or good understanding on Data Centre infrastructure
* Good cabling experience and best practice knowledge
* Full UK driving licence and own car (required)
* Ability to be part of an oncall rota (required)
* Data Centre, Network and Server installation and support in troubleshooting and break-fix experience
* Previous experience following and maintaining Data Centre industry best practices
* Cable management
* Data Centre documentation and asset tracking
* Aware of Change Management process
* Call management ticketing system, ideally ServiceNow
* Exposure to Building management system, ideally PRTG
What can we offer you?
* Modern facilities with open and welcoming breakout areas
* Company Social events
* A diverse workforce
* Employee investment with Node4 training Academy
* Company Paid Health Cash Plan
* 25 days holidays plus your birthday off
* Holiday buy back scheme
* Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Family savings and shopping discounts
* Electric vehicles salary sacrifice
* Never ending supply of hot and cold drinks, biscuits, sweets, and fruit
Why join Node4?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE
Since its establishment in 2004, Node4 has experienced exceptional growth and success, acquiring TNP, Risual, and Tisski.
We are a vibrant, passionate team dedicated to providing exceptional service as a standard. We are very proud of our culture, so we asked our employees what they wanted in their workplace community. As a result, our core business values of passion, innovation, and trust were formed. We believe you will immediately notice a significant difference when working with Node4.
Simply put, if you are passionate about technology and delivering exceptional service while building your career within an evolving company, Node4 is the place for you