Job ID 333543
Data Centre Technician
My client are looking for a Data Centre Technician to join their scaling IT consultancy. You will work alongside site teams and the end client, with responsibility of handling day to day faults and requests. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside market leading clients and technology.
Due to the nature of this work, this is an on-site Data Centre role working between the Slough and Woking centres. There is also shift work and on call allowance
* Excellent Knowledge of the health and safety risk that could be incurred whilst carrying out cabling connectivity tasks
* Strong knowledge of IT architecture including cables and networking equipment
* Strong knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT)
* Excellent communication skills
Day to day Tasks
* Relationship Management (Interacting with end users to diagnose issues and gather requirements)
* Documentation (surveys, quotes and certifications)
* Cabling/Hardware Support (1st and 2nd line diagnosis, infrastructure testing, Lan support)
* A relevant qualification, e.g., CNet CNCI®, CNet CNIT ®, BICSI Installer Level 2/3 or a recognised equivalent.
* Full, clean drivers licence