Job ID 215410
Data Engineer – £40,000 – £45,000 – Remote working, some travel into Coleshill, Warwickshire.
Mercury is a digital transformation champion in the recruiting industry. Working with Mercury means collaborating with a team of professionals to support your digital transformation by implementing cutting-edge technology with limitless scalability to empower your employees and increase their efficiency and productivity.
Mercury is predominately built out from Dynamics CRM/365 as well as utilising the Power Platform.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join an existing team of 2 and contribute to the Data practice with regards to on boarding new customers and helping them get the best out of there customer data.
The Data Engineer is responsible and accountable for the technical design and delivery of data migration projects for new clients of Mercury using consistent, repeatable processes.
The Data Engineer will work very closely with the Support & Implementation Manager to ensure a successful deployment of Mercury by consolidating data from the clients outgoing system with Mercury’s own data requirements.
* Strong experience of data analysis, manipulation and migration projects
* Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 to 2014, particularly SSIS
* Transformation, rationalisation, standardisation, and cleansing methods in SQL, SSIS and Excel
* ETL experience
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Own, develop and implement the entire data migration process to support accurate and timely import of customer data into the Mercury solution for new customers
* Create and maintain technical documentation to supplement implementation and support processes
* Provide clear and achievable timescale estimates for customer data migrations
* Work with new customers to understand and migrate their business data into the Mercury solution
* Undertake all necessary mapping, analysis, manipulation and migration of source data and documents into Mercury using standard tooling
* Provide post-implementation support for migrated customer data