Job ID 278019
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced (Min 3+ years) Database Developer to work in a fully Irish owned Green Energy company.
The role will involve the following:
* Creating all database objects such as tables, queries, stored procedures, triggers, indices, constraints, views, and user-defined functions in a SQL Server environment.
* Maintaining and updating existing legacy database functionality.
* ETL and data acquisition development and maintenance from multiple data sources (Webservice, FTP, xml, CSV);
* Design and maintain efficient data structures to store time series data, complex commodity market and industry data, trade transaction data etc.;
* Working with trading team and other software developers to analyse user requirements and deliver database functionality to align with these needs.
Skills & Education required:
* Primary Degree in a related field (computer science, STEM);
* 3+ years’ experience in a related role;
* Advanced MS SQL Server experience, including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy, etc.;
* Experience with enterprise-scale ETL solutions such as SSIS (Creating packages, automate jobs);
* Experience in a relevant programming language (e.g. Python, C# etc.)
* Knowledge of SOAP and REST webservices
* Experience in BI tools for creating reports and visualizations from large datasets (e.g. Power BI, Tableau etc.);
* Experience in a trading environment, especially in the SEM or GB energy markets