Job ID 341612
Database Engineer- Remote- No Sponsorship Available
Do you want to work on a Data Platform that helps improve education?
I’m working with a leading education technology company that provides data to schools and colleges across the UK, as well as the Department of Education, to help improve the quality of teaching provided. They are looking for a Data Engineer to join their team to help optimise their Databases.
Data Engineer Role:
Working in scrum-based teams you will play a part in feature development while working on a range of databases as well as taking the scope and design of new databases alongside the product development team. Within the wider engineering team you will create optimal solutions and then implement them to further develop the data platform of the company.
Day to day responsibilities as a Data Engineer:
* Data Migration from legacy systems
* Database design
* Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
* Optimising of the databases and reporting performance
My client is looking for someone with experience in Data Engineering roles with good knowledge of relational databases as well as being able to contribute ideas to the larger team while working across the company. Having the ability to work on a range of tasks with multiple different teams, both technical and non-technical, is ideal.
Technical requirements as a Data Engineer:
* Experience in designing relational databases.
* Advanced skills in using Microsoft SQL Server or similar.
* Querying in MS SQL Server and developing stored procedures
* Skilled in MS Excel- complex formulas and macros
Great to have:
* Experience with cloud tech- preferably Azure
* Some NoSQL experience.
* Experience with reporting software- SSRS or PowerBI
What’s on offer:
Alongside the listed salary, my client is offering remote working (at most 1 day a month in the office), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, the Nest pension scheme, an excellent working environment, equipment provided to have you working at your best as well as a range of staff incentives and social activities