Job ID 282835
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II based on their customer site in Chester. This is a full-time, permanent role to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £26,680 per annum depending on experience, 37.5-hour week between 08:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate must either hold or be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress applications from British nationals
Supporting one of our clients based on-site in Chester, day-to-day activities will include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware incidents, hardware refresh and service requests, while minimising disruption and providing first-class customer Service. The site benefits from easy access to travel links and free on-site parking and employee rates at the on-site restaurant.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the company and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
They offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance and flexible holiday to name a few.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
– Work as part of an empowered team supporting 1st and 2nd line support activities with accountability for individual incident ticket resolution through effective triage and first-time fix outcomes
– Create, manage, and own service incidents from initial customer engagement to effective closure and end-user communication
– Create and maintain knowledge bases
– Identifying and raising of recurrent issues for root cause analysis
– To install pre-defined computer 'images' onto desktop and laptop computers
– Undertake Install, Move, Add and Change Hardware and Software requests
– Asset management
– Mobile and Telephony Configuration
– Hands and Eyes Services
– Perform customer-specific product upgrades and rollouts
– Provide basic firmware updates and software patching
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
– Excellent customer-facing skills and demonstrates a clear desire to be a role model in customer service
– Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
– Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– A broad technical knowledge of IT, PCs/peripherals, and their architecture
– Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills
– Working knowledge of standard SW issues including, Windows OS, Office Suites, and core application suites
– Active Directory administration
– Anti-Virus and SCCM management
– Call management familiarity (Service Now)
– Good understanding of IT infrastructure and TCPIP skills
– Printer network troubleshooting