Job ID 343743
We're seeking a savvy, motivated Desktop Support Engineer to provide our well established client, onsite day-to-day IT support based at their site in Yeovil. The role will require a flexible individual with competency across hardware and software support on desktops and laptop.
The site benefits from easy access to travel links, free parking, and subsidised employee rates at the on-site restaurant.
This is a full-time permanent position working 08:00 – 17:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 – 16:00 on Fridays.
Due to the nature of the client's work, the successful candidate will need to be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress with applications from British nationals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Desktop / Laptop / VDI build, configuration and deployment to end users
* Software installation / deployment
* Smartphone deployment
* Assisting the 2nd Line support team with laptop, desktop and VDI terminals support calls
* Hardware installation / upgrade / break fix for desktop, laptop, and server
* Smartphone support
* Service Desk cover as required
* Assisting with Customer projects
* Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems – Deployment, configuration and support
* Microsoft Office 2010 onwards
* Proven and demonstrable software and hardware troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM and OS / Application deployment
* Good verbal communication: ability to communicate to all levels
* Good written communication: concise and accurate call logging, documentation and email correspondence
* Good time management / organisation skills
* Work well as part of a team or independently
* Embrace change
* Rise to challenges
Driving license is essential to provide support across the large site and surrounding satellite sites.
Desirable skills / qualifications:
* Microsoft Windows 7/10 training and certification
* Active Directory management
* Understanding of SCCM
* Understanding of Mobile Iron or similar mobile device management platforms
* Understanding of McAfee EPO
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee, you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including a personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Sound good? Apply Now!
By completing the application process, you agree that ES Field Delivery UK LTD (FDS) may contact you in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with your application via the contact details you provided in relation to the vacancy you have applied for. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed on our website