Job ID 308129
We are currently looking for a highly customer-focused and enthusiastic Desktop Support Engineer to support one of our long standing clients with a refresh project.
This is a customer facing role and it is essential that a good relationship with the client is achieved. The role requires excellent software, hardware and customer skills. You will be dealing with hardware refresh of laptops and arranging appointments for installation dates. The role is mainly technical for hardware/software roll-out issues and dealing with any requests related to the refresh project.
This is a 12-month fixed term position working Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours a week. The ideal candidate will need to have a flexible approach as overtime may be required.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate will need to either hold or be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress with applications from British nationals.
• Refresh project – building and installing PC assets for client
• Adhere to customer, HSSE and security policies
• To build and deploy devices at site and interact with the site-based team and customers
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• A good technical knowledge of IT, PC’s/peripherals and their architecture
• Some experience of software and hardware troubleshooting skills
• In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including Windows OS, Office Suites and core application suites
• Good customer facing skills, communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
• Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to follow processes and procedures
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of carrying out roll-outs / refreshes
Desirable skills / qualifications:
• Full UK driving Licence useful but not essential
• Software technical qualifications, i.e. MCP, MCSE
• Manufacturer accreditations
• Office 365 & Win 10 experience would be beneficial
• Knowledge of Service Now
Apply now for consideration!
By completing the application process, you agree that ES Field Delivery UK LTD (FDS) may contact you in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in connection with your application via the contact details you provided in relation to the vacancy you have applied for. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed on our website