Job ID 336505
R13 recruitment are working in affiliation with an established organisation in their search for a Desktop Support Engineer. Working within a small team, the purpose of your role will be coding web applications, analysis & implementation of systems and delivering training on systems.
You will have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows PC’s and their applications, being a self-motivated learner, eager to make a contribution to the ongoing success of the business. The role will provide first and second line computing support covering a first line help desk on a rota basis.
The day to day
* Respond to reported faults and diagnose their nature. Rectify software faults and organise the repair of hardware faults.
* Installation and configuration of new PC’s and software.
* Provide expert advise to users within the company on technical general computing issues.
* Implement system changes such as new systems and service development.
* Rota covered helpdesk support.
You will have/be
* Edexcel Advanced Diploma in IT (Min level 6) or computing Degree (or equivalent).
* Five GCSE’s at Grade C, including Maths and ICT.
* In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of internal workings of PC’s/Mac support issues.
* Knowledge of Apple Macs.
This is a permanent full time role. The offered salary for this opportunity is up to £29,000 per annum DOE.
How to apply
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Theo Hudson – Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment. If you don’t hear from us within 5 working days upon initial submittal of your CV, please assume you have been unsuccessful