Job ID 271002
SII UK is part of the SII Group which has been operating for more than 40 years and is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. The Group proudly employs over 14,000 professionals worldwide, and is one of the top IT & Engineering services providers in France, Germany, Romania and Poland. We provide a range of services to our clients in the IT and Engineering fields. We run various projects for leading worldwide companies in multiple industries.
We believe people are our most important asset and this is the core of our #FUNgineer concept. In 2016 SII opened our doors to Engineers across the UK providing superior technical services to the top players in the Aerospace & Defence, Aviation, Transportation and Telecoms sectors.
SII’s mission is to accompany its customers through digital transformation, we believe we can achieve this thanks to our Engineering professionals.
Join us and enjoy what makes being a FUNgineer.
The DevOps team provides direct and responsive support for all the RND flows and tools, and enhance the workflows using the latest DevOps technologies.
• Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems.
• Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with custom workflows.
• Collaborates with others across RND projects to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems.
• The Current job opening focuses on embedded software related disciplines.
* Design and implement CI/CD, code handling, validation and releases workflows.
* Research and embed new and relevant DevOps technologies.
* Admin and maintain the Software DevOps systems.
BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
3+ Years' Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
* Experience with embedded software – an advantage.
* Experience with software quality tools (static analysis, code coverage) – an advantage.
* Experience with binary repository management tools (Artifactory, Jfrog) – an advantage.
* Proficient with git and git workflows.
* Experience with GitLab – an advantage.
* Good knowledge of Python and Shell scripting.
* Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
* Problem-solving attitude.
* Collaborative team spirit.
Competitive Basic Salary
6% Employers Contribution + 6% as a salary sacrifice
Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover & Income Protection
25 days holiday
5 days full sick pay per year
Cycle to Work & TechScheme
Continuous professional development – We’re all a work in progress
* Corporate access to the Udemy platform