Job ID 190054
Sales Consultant – Digital Infrastructure Business Development/Commercial Manager
Type: Permanent, Full time
Overview of the Role
To identify and propose solutions which meet customer needs and maintain excellent sales relationships, whilst remaining up to date with the latest information on the products and services being sold. This role will focus on new business and relationship building as well as sales and nurturing existing relationships with clients and third parties. The successful candidate will manage the life-cycle of sales within the Team with the help of our dedicated SME’s.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has good existing relationships within end-user organisations (Financial Sector, Insurance, Media, Legal) and who understands the marketplace and the key players. An appreciation of Digital Infrastructure and Data Centre Services will be crucial.
PTS offers an environment that encourages talented, self-motivated individuals to realise their full potential within a friendly, and supportive commercial team.
Description of Duties
* Develop an understanding of the PTS Consulting service lines, specifically the DI Infrastructure services and solutions offerings and drive new business
* Maintain and update our database of contacts and coordinate activity with the wider PTS Team
* Maintain market information documents relating to DI, Service Transformation & Migrations and Data Centres
* Create/contribute to marketing and sales collateral, where appropriate, to present to prospective clients and third parties
* Monitor market information and portals for leads and opportunities that align with DI solutions and services
* Identify, develop and lead on Digital Infrastructure services and solutions sales opportunities and client prospects via ITTs, RFPs and all other sales avenues
* Develop multiple relationships/contacts within clients (current and prospective) and third parties and arrange where appropriate for the wider PTS Team to attend meetings
* Regular meetings with key clients, prospects and third parties and be prepared to undertake lead generation calls
* Influence clients and 3rd Parties to select PTS Consulting as their preferred DI and Data Centre services partner
* Attend industry networking events both IT & Real Estate, a key part of building good relationships
* Foster relationships with complimentary partners to DI solutions and services
* Proven sales skills in a services/solutions sales environment
* Ability to build and maintain client relationships
* Knowledge around compute, storage, Data Centres, service transformation and migrations, cloud within Enterprise/SME clients.
Relevant Necessary Experience
Commercial: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate both recent and an established sales track record. They will be able to evidence success in building substantial and successful relationships within a business and the marketplace. They will have a sound understanding of all aspects of commercial processes in a successful international business.
* Sales and sales support
* Marketing, new business and lead generation (including cold calling as necessary)
* Product development and positioning
* Contract negotiation
* 3rd party supplier negotiation
* Seek opportunities to develop sales and marketing techniques
* Service oriented, always ensuring that customers are satisfied
* Confident in using social media
Industry knowledge: Experience within the IT or Professional Services sector as well as knowledge of DI are preferred.
Background and Responsibilities
The role will suit someone who wants to play an integral part within a growing team, focusing on collaboration and commercial success whilst maintaining a strong relationship with customers. Ideally candidates will have 3-5 years’ experience within a DI (or equivalent) sales function.
* Excellent writing and literacy skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Meticulous eye for detail
* Highly motivated, adaptable, self-starter
* Goal-focused and the ability to act on own initiative
* Team player
* Methodical process orientated approach
* A proactive and professional attitude
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list