Job ID 307054
Service Care Solutions are looking for an Digital Site Reliability Engineer to work on a Hybrid basis for a Government entity in Manchester.
1. Technical Breadth – Has a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in their role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape. Understands the limitations of digital technology
2. Release & Deployment – Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk. Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress. Conducts post release reviews. Ensures release processes and procedures are applied and that releases can be rolled back as needed. Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate release and deployment tools, techniques and processes (including automation)
3. Programming & Build – Collaborates with others when necessary to review specifications and uses these agreed standards and tools to design, code, test, correct and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
Knowledge and Experience required:
e.g. Previous experience of working for a government dept.
* Passionate about improving internal processes
* Understanding of security engineering and security best practice
* Ability to architect and administer scalable, cloud-native and on premise applications
* Strong time management, and change management skills.
* Strong communications skills across multiple stakeholder types
* Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through direct management
* Skilled knowledge and ability in modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers
* The ability to lead engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales
Candidates must have current SC Clearance.
If you are interested in this role please contact Chris Wheeler on (phone number removed) or email (url removed). Alternatively if you have any friends or colleagues that might be interested we have a £250 referral available for anyone referred that is successful in securing a role