Job ID 190230
Document Controller – York
Welcome to TRU East: The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) aims to deliver faster, longer, more frequent, and more reliable services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds.
The aim of the TRU East Alliance is to transform the East of Leeds route allowing people to travel faster, more reliably and in greater comfort between the North’s great cities. Providing passengers with more choice, more seats, and better facilities on a safer, cleaner, more environmentally friendly railway.
The Document Controller will be working to ensure the reliability and availability of SharePoint, providing assistance to around 550 users, and ensuring that new SharePoint sites are developed and deployed. The Document Controller will be tasked with identifying opportunities for further use of SharePoint within the company, championing it's use and evolution.
This is a new role to assist the Information Management team to manage Alliance business improvement platforms, SharePoint Online Intranet and Asite the common data environment for construction related data. The role sits within the Information Management team and the overall Alliance Business Improvement team, leading a digital future for the Alliance where visual content and connectivity are a priority.
What you will be doing
* Maintain and manage Alliance Information Systems; SharePoint and Asite.
* Manage user groups, permissions using Azure AD and Admin Centre.
* Work with Alliance project / function teams to help design, implement SP solutions.
* Manage digital content and the ownership of SP online sites.
* Maintain business development Roadmaps for Alliance Information Management.
* Provide and deliver SharePoint Online training for end users.
* First point of contact for Alliance information systems support.
* Information Management / digital content, business improvement solutions provider.
* Technical development and maintenance of SharePoint online, including requirements gathering and developing appropriate solutions using M365 SharePoint and the M365 product suite.
Who we are looking for
* SharePoint design, consultancy, training, and support
* Existing SharePoint Admin experience, Windows operating systems
* Strong knowledge of M365 and Admin Centre
* A proven track record in a similar Systems Administrator role
* Knowledge of cloud technologies, especially Azure AD would be helpful
* M365 Certifications would be favourable.
* Previous exposure to implementing and managing CDE document management and collaboration solutions e.g., SharePoint Online, MS Teams, Power Platform or MS Viva
* Exposure to improving processes through information management related apps such as power apps and Power automate
* Charity is at the heart of Murphy values; you will receive 2 days leave per year to donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Many teams choose to support a charity together to positively impact our communities.
* Access to Murphy Wellbeing: you will have access to a host of online tools, mental health trained colleagues, and if needs be external professional support because we understand that work and life offers challenges that sometimes need a little extra support.
* Murphy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, making Murphy a great place to work where we can all thrive. You can get involved in numerous events and even join our committee dedicated to continuously nurturing Murphy’s inclusive culture.
If you think Murphy is the place to help you thrive in a great team dedicated to delivery and engineering excellence, and want to work in an inclusive team culture that rewards performance and drives personal development, then get in touch.
What you’ll get in return
* Dedicated and continued investment in your professional development.
* 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays with the option to buy an additional 2 days holiday each year
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate contributory pension scheme
* Other benefits if applicable
* Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc
We’re proud to have become the latest employer to #BantheBoxUK and reduce barriers to employment for people with criminal records. Employers often ask candidates about criminal convictions at the initial stage of a job application. If so, people with convictions are often excluded from roles for which they may be qualified and capable of doing