Job ID 323436
YourRecruit are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer for an industry leader in detection technology, providing inspection systems and services for ports, borders, and checkpoints. They help their customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling and trade fraud.
An exciting opportunity to join an industry leading organisation as an Electrical Design Engineer has become available
after internal promotions. This role includes: Control Panel design, Block Cable Diagrams, Schematic Projects, BoMs and revision management control and lifecycle management will be an important part of the role.
Salary: Up to £34,000 + Benefits
Location: Biddulph, Stoke-on-Trent.
Working Hours: 36.5 Hours a week. Monday to Friday – Early finish on Friday.
Holidays: 22 Days annual leave, increasing yearly. Includes Bank Holidays.
Working within the Cargo and Vehicle Inspection section of the Engineering team. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be involved in projects at all stages of the product lifecycle, from initial concept generation, new product introduction and continuous improvement in manufacture. The successful candidate will be working within a team of Electrical Design Engineers, reporting to the Senior Electrical Design Engineer, designing the electrical systems on X-ray Cargo and Vehicle Inspection (CVI) scanning equipment.
Key Responsibilities Electrical Design Engineer:
* Interpret specifications and customer requirements from Sales, Project Managers and Engineering Management.
* Research and develop alternatives to current components or designs.
* Support NPD (New Product Development) projects hands-on, with prototyping and Commissioning.
* Produce technical documentation to support designs.
* Create electrical schematics and 3D panel layouts using EPlan P8 and Pro Panel.
* Export BoM data for electrical hardware.
* Issue designs into the PLM system via the ECO process.
* Work with Chief Engineers to design new innovative products.
* Provide technical support to all areas of the business throughout the lifecycle of a product.
* Work within the company quality and safety procedures.
* Provide service support and action ECRs allocated.
* Visit sites as required.
* Strong knowledge of electrical control systems including essential knowledge of PLC systems.
* Experience in an electrical CAD package (EPlan preferred).
* Experience in a PLM system.
* Flexibility to respond to changing business needs.
* Willingness to travel with good presentation skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Presentation, Teams & Word).
* 3 years’ experience in a relevant field of work
* HNC in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field of study
* Experience in using EPlan P8 and Pro-panel.
* Experience designing Drive Systems.
* Practical experience in wiring control panels / test rigs.
* BEng/BSc in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field of study
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search