Job ID 322752
Embedded Software Engineer
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join our product development team. This opportunity will see you working directly with the Head of Engineering, offering an exciting opportunity to bring your ideas and innovations to the forefront of our embedded IoT products and newly marketed IoT services.
In this role you will be operating at the cutting edge of technology, delivering to our ambitious business plan commitments, developing our next generation connected devices. You will be empowered with directional freedom within your role, adding instant value and developing an ever-growing team of industry leaders.
What You Will Do:
* Develop embedded software design specifications and analyse high-level designs.
* Generate and maintain high quality code, software modules and code bases.
* Co-ordinate and take ownership of the overall delivery of embedded systems including – conceptual design, prototyping, verification, validation and designing for manufacture.
* Champion design reviews and act as the system design authority for responsible projects.
* Plan, define and execute software design validation tests by documenting software design changes and taking ownership of software releases and supporting documentation.
* Support manufacturing to ensure scalable software integration at end of line.
* Manage the full product lifecycle and including NPD and NPI.
* Support initial design bring up phases and integration of electronics and test systems.
* Contribute to the culture of innovation, questioning the status quo.
* Collaborate with other product design disciplines, such as electronics engineers.
* Can provide evidence and experience delivering embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS’) including ThreadX or FreeRTOS.
* Demonstrate knowledge or appreciation of embedded graphics tools (such as Ametec Crank or Qt).
* Have demonstratable experience using a variety of microcontrollers (ARM, ST, Renesas and Microchip PIC) and appreciation of embedded first stage bootloaders (MCUBoot).
* Understand general software debugging techniques, software integration packages and software development processes (Git, Jenkins, Eclipse, SVN etc.).
* Competent with embedded protocols for both hardware and software (I2C, SPI, QSPI, CAN, UART, MODBUS, RS485, USB, ETHERNET, MQTT, REST).
* Have an appreciation of connected products and IoT applications.
* You’re a ‘can-do’ team player, good oral and written communication skills, and a keen eye for detail.
* You’re Innovative, ambitious, always looking for opportunities to improve, with a problem solving and analytical mind.
* Have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team, and willing to challenge the status quo.
* You’re a keen technical enthusiast, and keep up to date with industry trends and technologies.
We offer an attractive basic salary, plus a benefit package including 20 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years), a performance related bonus, flexible working, employer backed pension and healthcare schemes. In addition to that we offer a thriving work environment just a stones throw away from the booming city of Manchester, with relaxed communal areas, table tennis, table football and regular team building events.
Our talented engineers design and invent innovative products and sub-systems that truly differentiate our customers’ products. Operating in the UK, USA, and Malaysia for more than 80 years, we have sales in more than 30 countries and a worldwide network of Sales Executives, Distributor Partners and strategically located operations