Job ID 208678
Howdens Joinery are looking for a 1st / 2nd line End User Support Analyst to support, maintain and manage our IT End User devices and systems. You will be supporting end user devices across the business, this support will be provided locally and remotely. In addition to this you will also be providing support to our manufacturing, warehousing and transport systems. This role will be based from our Runcorn Office, with some travel to other locations required.
Reporting to the End User Support Lead, you will use your excellent customer service skills and problem-solving ability to continuously improve the service delivered to the teams stakeholders. You will need to be confident with working in a manufacturing environment and may need to lift equipment. An ability to communicate effectively and confidently with customers and IT teams is an absolute must.
Skills and experience required:
– You'll have experience delivering 1st and ideally some 2nd line technical support, hold a good working knowledge of IT support based roles.
– Have a good understanding of Active Directory and Office365
– Excellent problem-solving skills.
– Understanding of basic networking topology, DHCP scopes, IP addressing, DNS etc.
– Experience in technical support of End User devices and associated equipment in Microsoft and Mac OS, iOS & Android based technologies.
– Understanding of ITIL methodology
– Strong self-starting capabilities
– Ability to transfer knowledge via appropriate measures to improve first time fix rates and prevent repeat calls.
– Excellent ticket management skills
– Any experience with other End User Management Suites i.e., Ivanti, Mobile Iron, Antivirus and / or In-Tune is advantageous.
– Self-motivated approach to researching new technical concepts and emerging technologies
– Safety-first approach to applying changes and fixes on production systems.
– Provide out of hours support for our manufacturing, warehousing and transport systems on a rota basis
We have a very competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday, company bonus and pension plan, with onsite parking. As well as the opportunity to develop within a high-profile FTSE 100 company, you will be part of a rewarding organisation recognised for excellence in the workplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For