Job ID 301277
Howdens Joinery are looking for a 1st / 2nd line End User Support Analyst to support, maintain and manage our IT End User devices and systems. Based from our Raunds office in Northamptonshire you will be supporting end user devices across the business, this support will be provided locally and remotely. In addition to this you will also be providing support to our manufacturing, warehousing and transport systems.
This role will be based from our Raunds site in Northampton with some travel to other locations.
What will I be doing as an End User Support Analyst.
– Provide 1st and 2nd Line Support to end use devices and associated equipment in Microsoft and Mac OS, iOS & Android based technologies
– Work closely with the service desk and service delivery teams in addition to the 3rd line teams.
– Support to be provided extends from desktops, laptops, mobile devices to manufacturing, warehousing and transport systems.
– Continuously improve the service delivered to the teams stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
– Experienced working in an IT support-based role.
– A good understanding of active directory and Office365
– Excellent problem-solving skills.
– Understanding of basic networking topology, DHCP scopes, IP addressing, DNS etc.
– Experience in technical support of End User devices and associated equipment in Microsoft and Mac OS, iOS & Android based technologies.
– Understanding of ITIL methodology is preferred
– Strong self-starting capabilities
– Ability to transfer knowledge via appropriate measures to improve first time fix rates and prevent repeat calls.
– Excellent ticket management skills
– Self-motivated approach to researching new technical concepts and emerging technologies
– Safety-first approach to applying changes and fixes on production systems.
– Provide out of hours support for our manufacturing, warehousing and transport systems on a rota basis (industry experience not essential) on a rota basis.
You will need to be confident with working within this environment and may need to lift equipment. An ability to communicate effectively and confidently with customers and IS teams is an absolute must.
What we can offer you:
– Competitive salary and annual company bonus
– Excellent pension scheme (company contribution of up to 12%)
– 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy additional days
– Staff Discount
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Exceptional Reward and Recognition events
Howdens Joinery is the UK's number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe – making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals. Last year our sales reached circa 2.1bn, and we have an ambitious growth agenda.
There is a strong entrepreneurial ethos and the opportunity to develop within a fast-paced and commercial environment. That, along with a competitive salary, development opportunities, and exciting rewards, are among the reasons why our people enjoy working for Howdens – and why we have been named one of the 10 Best Big Companies to Work For.