Job ID 331417
As a Barclays Enterprise Architect, you will be focused on building long term strategic roadmaps aligned to both business requirements, technology capabilities & engineering best practice. You will partner across the organization to align business and IT strategies and maximize the value of technology investments and maintain an active view of industry and technology trends and their relevance, identifying opportunities to advance business strategy through innovation and technology adoption.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Developing the strategy and approach for achieving the desired business outcomes for assigned programmes
• Providing due diligence on Third Parties for acquisition, partnership or provision of services
• Providing the hypothesis of future additions to roadmaps; including what to action, accommodate and acknowledge
• Navigating complex and challenging topics to achieve optimal change related outcomes with MD level stakeholders across CTO, CIO and the Business
• Ensuring that business outcomes are achieved and completed to time, cost and quality and therefore avoiding delay in achieving strategic outcomes
• Managing the interdependencies, risks and issues, expenditure spanning multi-disciplinary areas, business lines and jurisdictions
What we’re looking for
• Solid track record of managing large complex business and technical programmes of strategic significance, through the initiation phase and in established programmes
• Experience of successfully resolving significant business change/transformation challenges with an ability to quickly understand/digest/replay relevant information
• Fully up to date with developments in individual area of expertise and will be expected to keep abreast of emerging technologies and their potential for application within the Bank
• Confident with challenge existing ways of working at a senior level, and the capability to partner with other functions and build solid, collaborative relationships
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Superior drive for results; able to juggle priorities, multi-task and execute flawlessly at speed
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or have relevant experience and a proven track record of personal and professional achievements
• Excellent communication skills, able to create messaging that is pitched appropriately for the audience and requirement
• Financial Services and banking industry background preferred
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.