Job ID 339388
Professional requirements and work experience
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* Relevant certifications, such as TOGAF, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Microsoft Certified.
* At least 10 years of experience in infrastructure architecture with a focus on strategy development and planning.
* Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for infrastructure architecture and strategy development.
* In-depth knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including servers, storage, networking, and virtualization.
* Excellent sys-admin skills, including VM and container management / deployment in Linux and Windows environment, with experience on latest and emerging technologies.
* Excellent knowledge of the cloud-native paradigm and the AWS and/or Google Cloud and/or Azure solutions on which to design, develop and manage versatile and efficient infrastructure solutions.
* Proven experience in designing, delivering complex solutions and managing services from leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud; solid experience in cloud migration and proven analysis and implementation capacity of fit for purpose solutions in relation to specific infrastructure needs.
* Advanced knowledge of Infrastructure and multi-cloud environment and expertise in developing and deploying scalable infrastructure & cloud technology solutions.
* Experience with infrastructure automation and orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef. Furthermore, the incumbent must have great knowledge of CI/CD to manage integration and deployment pipelines for applications.
* Essential knowledge of networking protocols, networking architectures and security principles, including IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
* Solid knowledge of Secure System and Infrastructure design and principles; knowledge of information security attacks and defenses;
* Clear understanding of secure system architecture and OWASP base security principles.
* Experience in managing and supporting applications and infrastructures integrated with a 2-Factor Authentication system.
* Significant experience in SIEM management and planning and deployment of monitoring infrastructure;
* Proven management and leadership qualities.
* Proven ability to lead teams towards program delivery ensuring implementation is done in the most efficient manner whilst ensuring all relevant aspects of the technical architecture are considered (e.g. security, infrastructure, implementation).
* Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate effectively with other IT professionals.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong consultancy skills including consulting experience with United Nations organizations, international financial institutions or large companies engaging with Senior Management and Director/CIO level as appropriate for organization size