Job ID 152381
JTH Recruitment are recruiting for a frontend developer that can work as part of our clients collaborative cross-functional team to help shape and develop their platform and products. As their only dedicated frontend developer you’ll be working in a small interdisciplinary team to develop a platform that enables their customers to gain insights into the retail sector, so it’s the perfect opportunity to also build your UX skills. The rest of their team comes from a range of backgrounds, client focused, data focused (PhDs), some have worked in large corporates others only ever with small companies and startups. Whilst our client is based in the Lincolnshire, Cambrdgeshire area our client is very flexible so this is a remote role full time or part time being flexible around other personal commitments.
Our client rely on the following technologies. You will have come across some of these and used them to a varying degree. They don't expect you to be an expert, they’re happy to help you become one.
• Material UI
• Style defined in JSX
• Communicating over Restful Apis
• JWT for authentication
• AWS S3
The rest of their estate is written in Python, runs in AWS utilising various services and uses a mixture of Postgres and Redshift for data persistence.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Building out the frontend of their platform while collaborating with team members to understand their short and long-term needs, working with Product managers to help design our products to deliver value now and into the future.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
● You like the sound of what they are doing
● You enjoy working from home and have an environment where you can
● You have experience building frontends in React and understand how to chart data.
● You understand how to build reactive UI’s
● You have an interest in interface design and UX
● You are passionate about great engineering and love to share your passion with others
● You have a growth mindset and you’re always looking to learn; we’re looking for someone who can both grow the role and their career at the same time
● You excel in a high-growth environment, working at startup pace, embracing change and adjusting course regularly
● You’re a strategic and analytical thinker who has a proactive approach to solving problems
● You have an autonomous, self-starting approach with a natural curiosity of how things can be done better
● You get pleasure from doing a great job and going the extra mile for clients
● You enjoy seeing your team succeed
● You have a sharp attention to detail and are highly organised
● Web development skills
● Understand CSS
● comfortable with Linux