Job ID 333566
hackajob is partnered with UK Home Office which is looking for a Full Stack Developer to hire (Remote within the UK).
We’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We’re home to some of the most important public services in the United Kingdom and are transforming how we use data and technology to improve these. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, ensure applications and delivery of passports is efficient and developing and supporting a wide variety of our services such as getting married or forming a civil partnership or applying for a visa.
As a Ful Stack Developer you will be working with modern technologies in cloud -based environments with other skilled people, collaborating and making things work for our end users, in some cases that’s the public and in others our own people who work at the Borders, Immigration or protecting the public.
We develop over 560 services which have millions of users worldwide.
You will develop core components of our solutions and help select appropriate technologies. Your subject matter expertise will enable you to operate with greater levels of autonomy and decision making.
You will work to our technical standards writing clean, secure code following a test-driven approach, ensuring the code is open as far as possible and can be re-used.
You’ll have a demonstrable passion for Software Development with the following skills or experience with:
• NodeJS as a server for web applications
• HTML and CSS, including CSS pre-processors and responsive web app layout
• one or more frontend Frameworks (eg. React, Angular, Vue.js)
• package managers (npm, yarn)
• unit testing and TDD, and automated frontend (unit/component) testing
• leading and mentoring others in frontend architecture, technology choices, code quality, security, CI/CD
• creating and consuming APIs
• delivering secure, reliable and scalable software, and supporting your team with technical tasks when needed
• evaluating and advising on design choices and ensuring that software is high quality and balances technical and business considerations
• defining and documenting test cases for new systems and maintaining live systems to ensure ongoing performance
• evolving new approaches/solutions with other professions through discoveries, maintaining a focus on development and deployment
• helping prioritise and direct technical tasks across your team, to balance new and live services
Please apply and we will contact you shortly