Job ID 307221
Job Title: Full Stack Engineer
Location: Bristol, UK – working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF46411
Be the change
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Full Stack Engineer at our Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Full Stack Engineer role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.
The difference our new Full Stack Engineer will make
As a Full Stack Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Day to day, you'll be responsible for developing the front-end and back-end high frequency software whilst working in a scrum setting.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with the option to work fully remote from home.
* Proven experience of Java Development, preferably Java 8
* Understand and experience of Object-Oriented Programming
* Prior experience working in an Agile experience and completing tasks in a 2 week sprint.
* Experience of industry-standard libraries, notably Spring Framework, Hibernate (ideally Sprint Boot)
* Experience in Unit testing and Integration testing using Junit and Mockito
* Experience using UI framework such as Vue.js
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Interested to hear more? Please send me your CV and I will be in touch