Job ID 343840
Full Stack Software Engineer
Salary Range from £50,000 to £66,000 depending on experience.
Location – Salisbury with Hybrid working- Some travel required.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer that has a desire to join a team comprised of experienced, progressive and hardworking individuals. Either remotely working or at client sites, you will be given the autonomy and tools to provide the best service to our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and deploying our software solutions. Working closely with various stakeholders, engineers, designers, and other market leaders in the software development sector.
If this sounds like you, read on and apply below today.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a candidate with a degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Informatics or statistics and a strong mathematical background.
Someone who can support architectural activities for the development and maintenance of client-centric software solutions, including both physically isolated computer networks and secure private cloud solutions.
Proficiency in various programming languages, with expertise in front-end and back-end technologies is a must, as well as knowledge of software integration, including Open-Source elements.
Candidates who are proactive self-starters with creative tendencies will thrive in this role. With a desire to be continuously learning and applying new technologies and techniques.
We value candidates who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build their own network of contacts, share their knowledge, and network for mutual benefit. We encourage fast learners who are willing to make mistakes and get things done.
If you are inspired to turn theoretical ideas into reality. We offer the freedom to innovate and explore new concepts while contributing to the growth and success of the company.
* Full UK Driving Licence and vehicle.
* Able and willing to obtain SC level security clearance and above, UK eyes only.
* Knowledge and skills in software virtualization, such as Docker, are a key requirement for this position.
* The candidate we are seeking should possess robust data analysis skills and provide evidence of their analytical abilities.
* The successful candidate should have experience in Secure DevOps.
* The ideal candidate should be proficient in at least two back-end technologies, with Java and Python being preferred languages.
* A robust approach to configuration control and a proactive attitude toward software and API documentation are essential attributes for this role.
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must for this position, with a particular emphasis on experience with Software Solution Design.
* A 2.1 or higher degree in a numerical subject, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or Physics, is necessary. Candidates with a BSc, MSc, or PhD degree are highly desirable.
A candidate with prior experience working in Scaled Agile environments is preferred.
Experience with DevOps environments in Defence & Security or other Public Sector is considered a significant advantage.
The candidate should possess advanced modelling and architectural skills, as well as experience working with a range of toolsets.
What’s in it for you
Vitality Medical Insurance with option to add family.
28 days of annual leave plus UK bank holidays.
Annual Bonus Plan
Hybrid work model, where possible. While some of our roles are client-based or subject to security restrictions, for roles where we can control the work environment, we prioritize a hybrid approach