Job ID 334518
The purpose of the GIS Solution Architect is to act as the technical design authority for the design and delivery of integrated spatial solutions to our clients, based on industry standard software products, compliant with international standards and industry and vendor best practices.
Another fundamental element of the role is to support the acquisition of new business, building professional networks and providing technical input to client meetings, demonstrations, white papers and major bids and speaking on behalf at conferences.
The Solution Architect will participate in developing and demonstrating the business case for spatial solution opportunities, with the ability to define both the IT platform, GIS application architecture and spatial integration capabilities to inform solutions that will meet client business drivers and objectives.
In support of this, the Solution Architect will discover and elaborate on client business processes and requirements, documents designs, inform test strategy and provide training on customer implemented solutions.
The GIS Solution Architect shall be responsible for:
• Developing spatial strategies and associated technical architecture and functional solutions (both IT and application) for clients
• Supporting and facilitating the development, enhancement and promotion of spatial architectural standards based on compliance with international standards and best practice
• Working with client representatives to understand business problems / needs and documenting or elaborating on requirements
• Acting as Subject Matter Expert with regards to vendor and open-source product capabilities and the application of such to address business objectives
• Designing integrated solutions making use of recent technologies – documenting functional and technical specifications that meet customer configuration, reporting, customisation and integration requirements
• Contributing to the development of new methods, procedures, processes and / or system requirements
• Working with the delivery team to develop, test, implement and sustain spatial solutions
• Working with technical staff to understand problems with system design and to develop specifications to resolve them.
• Acting as technical or task lead on medium-sized spatial projects resolving technical problems and performance issues
• Providing support to the business development team:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Experience developing, implementing, GIS Web and mobile applications (iOS and Android)
• Experience of Integrating GIS applications to other enterprise systems
• Experience designing and implementing GIS Security
• Knowledge of technical applications, concepts, principles, and theories in GIS and the Esri ArcGIS and FME Platforms
• Experience designing and implementing GIS infrastructure
• Strong application development skills
• Experience with large scale data/software integration projects
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment to successfully deliver quality work
• Effective communication skills including proposal writing and development and presentation of technical materials
• Positive can-do attitude and a natural inclination towards problem solving and offering business solutions
• Good understanding of client business objectives, priorities and strategies for spatial solutions
• Demonstrates expertise in spatial database design and modelling
• Working in a consultancy environment
• Working on client proposals and major bids
• Demonstrating solutions to clients and presenting at conferences
• Developing implementation plans for spatial solutions
• Degree in engineering, geography or scientific discipline and professional qualifications and/or certification in vendor products / technologies