Job ID 310428
Head of Business Development (IBM Managed Services)
We are looking for a Head of Business Development for a global IT services business. Operating from 9 countries the client has a wide portfolio of IT services and solutions and represents the largest vendors in the market, including IBM, HPE, Dell, NetApps, Cisco etc.
Mainly focused within the IBM eco-system providing customers with a hybrid cloud deployment and management service for IBM and Windows (X86) environments. Increasingly the business is however deploying Data Protection Services/solutions that combine storage infrastructure alongside cyber security services. In order to continue with the development of this key service line a senior role in the business has been created that will be responsible for the sales, marketing and solution development for our DPS services, utilising multi vendors. This includes the management of existing sales, marketing and bid management resources. This is a combined Sales Manager and DPS BDM role.
* Achieve the business growth objectives.
* Manage the sale of UK storage, cloud, DPS & cyber security services
* Manage the Team to ensure it is achieving the optimum performance
* Manage key vendor relationships
* Work with Marketing to create descriptive and compelling collateral and campaigns
* Work with Technical Services teams to help create solutions and services that deliver competitive advantage for customers and maximise our own talent.
* The Business Development Team resources including setting relative objectives for each role.
* Ensure frictionless collaboration between roles in order to maximise sales process efficiency.
* Recruitment when and where appropriate.
* Personally, supporting sales opportunities, undertaking presentations, proposal creation, RFP responses etc.
* Report to the MD on all activity, maintaining sales forecasts.
* Personally, delivering sales opportunities and managing key relationships.
* Managing sales performance and targets.
* Mentoring the Team so all Team members are achieving their objectives and retain a high level of morale.
* Should have sales and business development experience in at least 2 of the following – DPS, Backup/storage, Cloud or Cyber Security sales.
* Should have an IBM vendor background and or other leading storage, DPS or server technology.
* Sales Management experience for at least 3 years is preferable, but not essential if strong in senior sales role.
* Technically astute and can articulate features and benefits.
* Creative with attention to detail.
* Can absorb pressure.
Can foster and nurture a team working ethic, leading from the front in terms of quality, integrity and professionalism.
CRL operates as an employment agency and employment business