Job ID 306977
London, United Kingdom – 85-90k
Last Refreshed26 Jan 2023
Expires9 Feb 2023
First Posted12 Jan 2023
IndustryIT & Telecommunications
Reporting to the CIO, the Head of Service Delivery is a key part of the MIS team. They will be responsible for all end user services, including the provision of hardware, end user software, enabling systems such as M365, MIS governance (ITIL) and all associated end user first and second line support services.
Their primary focus is to ensure all staff can access modern, efficient and capable systems, and that those systems are provided and supported in a professional and timely manner to all offices around the world.
The Head of Service Delivery will work closely with business users at all sites to understand their needs and challenges, and champion those to the rest of the MIS division. They will also manage the Service Delivery team and ensure they have the resources and skills to meet business requirements. They will establish collaborative relationships with the Infrastructure and Business Systems teams, to ensure those teams are aware of business requirements, and assist in delivering change to users.
SECTION 3 ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the provision and support of all End User Computing systems and services to all offices globally
Provision of laptops and mobile devices
End user software, Windows, M365, etc
Supporting desktop client access to Back Office applications that are supported by the applications team
End user security management
Work as an integral part of the MIS team to ensure the timely resolution of day-to-day operational issues and ongoing support of users.
Liaise with other members of the MIS management team to provide support to projects and provide service delivery input to plans
Take ownership of MIS governance processes for the whole department
Taking ownership of technical issues, upgrading & replacing applications & systems as required to ensure service levels are met.
Identify and communicate potential opportunities for system and service improvement, enhancement and optimisation.
Maintain procedural documentation and reporting including maintaining change control records, technical documentation, and drawings.
Work as part of a Technical Support team, responding to requests for technical assistance and provide out of hours support when necessary.
Assist with the management of the MIS budget
Manage external vendors
SECTION 4 KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Extensive Service Delivery experience:
Running a modern user centric support function in an international business.
Creation, monitoring and reporting of relevant SLA and KPI metrics
Acting as an ambassador to end users, and working directly with users to meet their needs
Management of ITSM tools (service desk, auto deployment, patching, remote support, etc)
Running a service desk on Single Point of Contact principles and managing the escalation to third line or external resource where necessary.
* M365 operational experience:
* Familiar with user provisioning and management within M365
* How to deploy and support M365 endpoints in a cloud first M365 native Infrastructure
* Hands on technical knowledge of M365 architecture or administration is not necessary, but a general familiarity with what can be achieved in Microsoft Modern Workplace solutions, and an understanding of Microsoft best practice.
* Managing and Governing Sharepoint in an Enterprise environment
General familiarity with Microsoft stack technologies:
* Microsoft Windows 10/11.
* Microsoft Office applications support (Word, Excel, etc)
* Windows server, AD, AAD, Exchange online, etc
* Experience working in a multinational environment:
* Challenges associated with supporting smaller remote offices with no on-site IT staff.
* Dealing with multi-time zone support
* Working with local in-country support to provide on-site service
Device and user roll out:
* Quick and efficient delivery of end user devices, using auto-deployment wherever possible (including internationally)
* Efficient user provisioning processes based on RBAC principles and automation where possible.
* Familiar with Hybrid working patterns and how to provide BAU support to home and remote workers.
* IT Service Governance
* Familiar with setting up, managing and administering IT Service governance, ideally aligned with ITIL principles. Including:
* User provisioning and access management (Starter/movers/leavers, access reviews, etc)
* Change management
* Asset management
* Incident/Problem management
* Service catalogue, CMDB, etc
* End user device and software patching
Familiarity with Information Security Operational management
* The role of service desk in incident response
* General familiarity with security best practice
* Secure by design principles, including MDM for mobiles and laptops
* Specific infosec skills not required, but will responsible for some elements of Infosec
SECTION 5 KEY REQUIREMENTS
Hands-on professional experience of working in a global enterprise across time zones with an appreciation of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Deep experience of heading up a user centric support function
Comfortable making prioritisation decisions and ensuring they are followed through on.
Excellent communicator, setting clear and transparent expectations with users, and building up trust that expectations will be met.
Able to set and meet agreed SLA and KPI targets.
Graduate in IT or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
Ability to troubleshoot problems and visualize solutions.
Ability to work as a member of a small multi skilled Technical Support team, responding to requests for technical assistance.
Have a proactive attitude.
Able to deal positively with users whose first language may not be English