Job ID 339309
Head of ICT
Location: Liverpool, L33.
Salary: £50,000 basic salary plus uncapped potential commercial earnings. Note: This is not a targeted role.
Contract: Full-time, permanent.
Head of ICT – About the role
This is a great opportunity to join our existing team within a well-established and reputable MSP based in Liverpool, Merseyside.
Working within the Technical Support team the successful candidate will provide support to internal staff responding to all our client’s support requests, resolving technical problems within SLAs, processing and fulfilment of orders, as well as Internal IT Infrastructure support.
The successful candidate will be required to manage a team of technical support staff and have proven management experience. The successful candidate will be required to maintain, develop and enhance the company’s own IT Infrastructure and IT proposition to meet the changing business needs and strategic plans.
The successful candidate will be required to attend customer meetings with sales staff to provide additional technical advice and support to the customer with their own IT development strategies.
Head of ICT – Key Responsibilities:
• Managing and developing a growing IT team (currently 6 direct reports)
• Ensuring that services are connected in a timely manner and within defined SLAs.
• Providing technical support to customers in line with contractual agreements
• Review IT products and services with the leadership team that enable the company to win recurring revenue business.
• Provide sales team with pre-sales support, attend onsite or phone-based meetings with field sales staff
• Carry out site surveys for larger complex opportunities and provide written reports where required for the sales team and clients.
• Provide the Sales team with technical assistance in preparing proposals.
• Providing updates to Sales and Customers during the provisioning life cycle
• Respond to requests/issues/escalations identified by clients and work with the wider team to develop action plans and resolve issues.
• Internal Network and Infrastructure Administration
• Work to agreed protocols, practices and procedures when providing support to customers
• Attend Customer meetings as a technical consultant, as required, to assist colleagues to win business opportunities.
• Provide 3rd-line support to Curveball customers where required.
• Assist with the scoping and preparation of large customer proposals
• Proactively contacts customers with updates.
General / Expectations
• The service currently operates from 8 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday. You will be required to work as directed within these hours according to the needs of the service and the business.
• To use and assist colleagues and customers in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
• To achieve agreed service outcomes, outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
• To support company growth initiatives to grow IT recurring revenues.
• To implement the Equal Opportunities policy into daily activities wherever possible.
Our Ideal Candidate
• 3rd line fault support, diagnosis and resolution experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Administration
• Experience with Cloud Virtualisation projects (Azure, RDS, AWS)
• Microsoft Windows OS Installation and Support experience
• Microsoft Server OS Installation and Support Experience
• Good Knowledge of fixed line (analogue, ISDN) and SIP solutions.
• In-depth understanding of Connectivity Solutions (DSL, FTTx, Ethernet, MPLS) including planning, configuration, and rollout
• Extensive Network support – (TCPIP/DNS/DHCP/VPN/VLAN/Firewall and Router configuration and management)
• Understanding of Phone system solutions including planning, configuration and rollout
• VOIP and SIP solutions
• Experience in programming, management and support across a number of phone system platforms
• Experience in network cabling, including planning, installation, and delivery of solutions.
• Recognised Project Management qualification
• Experience in the use of a CRM/ Job Ticketing system
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be our new Head of ICT, then apply today