Job ID 282852
INSIDE IR35. Hosting Services System Administrator. 6-month contract. Offices in either Chester or Camberley.
Your new role – INSIDE IR35
Start: 03 January 23
End: 01 June 23
Rate: £550 per day (INSIDE IR35)
The work will be done on a hybrid-working pattern. There is an office in either Chester or Camberley.
The EMEA Distributed Compute Transition team is responsible for the design and implementation of all midrange servers within the EMEA region. Co-ordinating between project managers, lines of business and internal TI resources responsible for delivering individual components required to deliver the server-based aspects of a project.
EMEA Hosting Services team are looking for a Server Consultant to work within the team on general build projects. They will be responsible for the implementation and design of Midrange based application and infrastructure solutions, as well as providing support for issues that are escalated through support teams, along with consultancy to development and service delivery partners. Specifically, the team has a current requirement for a RHEL Systems Administrator to assist with the remediation of technology due to become non-permitted in 2022 per Bank standards.
* Delivery of remediation activities for technology due to become non-permitted in 2022, working with application owners to remediate vulnerabilities prior to company deadlines
* Initiative project delivery and implementation
* Partner with the Business Technology Groups to design products that add value for clients
* Adhere to Global Technology and Product Standards
* Emerging Technology Research and Development & Strategy for value added services
* Business Liaison and Technology Consultancy for business and technology partners
* Subject Matter Expert for key RHEL 7,8 Vmware(optional) and Windows server(optional) based technologies
* Management and resolution of issues escalated from support or development teams
Experience of working within a regulated/corporate environment, supporting 2000+ server across multiple locations.
5 years plus experience in Linux / Unix based architectures (RHEL6,7,8 Server to design level)
Strong knowledge of HP, Dell and IBM hardware
Clustering Technologies, Active Directory exposure would be advantageous
Experience in Financial Services
Thorough and well organised, able to handle multiple high volume migration schedules.
Strong communication & team building skills
Ansible, Powershell, PowerCLI and python experience would be an advantage.
Ability to work in a high-pressure environment where time to delivery is of paramount importance
Experienced Strong Team Coordination & Organization skills
Meticulous attention to detail
Strong communications skills
Ability to define, document procedures, resolutions, and related work.
Strong understanding of Operational Controls and Risk governance
Thorough knowledge of ITIL procedures and best practices. ITIL Service Delivery qualification desirable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.